Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 08:41 AM
t03cutt3r
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
If you see this before Saturday, head down to the York, PA manufacturing plant..

Ugh, was heading home Saturday. The tour was cool. I too saw a beige FB being built. I was amazed at the logistics of the plant, robots bringing frames and motors to various stations. Also how they build different bikes at the same time. I couldn't get an answer on how many units they put out a day, but one worker said there are 2 10 hour shifts and a new bike rolls out every minute and 20 seconds. Pretty amazing.

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-nywcsdu.jpg

Pottsville was pretty cool, typical Penn town from way back when.

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-xyb2bua.jpg

Once I saw all these bottles, I couldn't get the Laverne and Shirley Theme song out of my head.

"One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight.
Schlemeel, schlemazel, hasenfeffer incorporated.

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-m0rfm3q.jpg

5th generation Yuengling (center)

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-1oq0ixq.jpg

Old 10-02-2013, 07:23 AM
Down under
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to forum

Heres my 2010 Lo
Name:  photo3.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  130.5 KB
Name:  b1.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  100.4 KB
Name:  photo4.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  104.6 KB

Old 10-02-2013, 07:37 AM
Mikeskins
Tourer

What did you use for your orange stripes? Clean looking bike.

Old 10-02-2013, 04:36 PM
Mikeskins
Tourer

Well I finally checked and it was luckily just a blown fuse. I was going to change the throttle cables back to stock but I'll just wait until I order the internal and go from there. At first I didn't like it but i will probably go with exiles button grip as well.

Old 10-02-2013, 04:40 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by t03cutt3r
Ugh, was heading home Saturday. The tour was cool. I too saw a beige FB being built. I was amazed at the logistics of the plant, robots bringing frames and motors to various stations. Also how they build different bikes at the same time. I couldn't get an answer on how many units they put out a day, but one worker said there are 2 10 hour shifts and a new bike rolls out every minute and 20 seconds. Pretty amazing.
Yeah, 2 crews, 10 hours each, Monday-Thursday. The Steel-Toe tour, with everyone there and the robots/welders/machines/everything operational is amazing. They have a board over by the final inspection area that shows their 'goal output' for the shift, when I was there it was like 477 bikes I think.. so 477 bikes in 10 hours. Yikes.

Old 10-02-2013, 08:47 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master

I got an update from the dealer today. He said he's been testing the battery each day and it's not shown any voltage drop. He did find a bad ground somewhere on the bike so maybe that accounts for the idling issue and the battery issue. Since it's a CAN Bus bike I've heard they are pretty sensitive to strange issues with the batteries and grounds. Here's hoping anyways. I'm tired of driving the cage and it's finally cooling down a little making for perfect riding weather.

Old 10-03-2013, 07:43 AM
Deadanimal
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What year is your bike?
You have an album that is labeled 2013 FLSTFB, But I'd be hoping you were not cutting the handle bar control wires as those would be twisted pairs. They make some pretty inexpensive extensions for them.
The exile internal is great, had mine on for bout a year now. Only thing that sucks is no more star know for the highway....cruise...
Anyway, until grip ace comes out with an updated version of the button pad for the grip, it will only work on the pre 2011's. I've been buggin them and still nothing over a year later...

Originally Posted by Mikeskins
Well I finally checked and it was luckily just a blown fuse. I was going to change the throttle cables back to stock but I'll just wait until I order the internal and go from there. At first I didn't like it but i will probably go with exiles button grip as well.

Old 10-03-2013, 02:24 PM
Mikeskins
Tourer

Originally Posted by Deadanimal
What year is your bike?
You have an album that is labeled 2013 FLSTFB, But I'd be hoping you were not cutting the handle bar control wires as those would be twisted pairs. They make some pretty inexpensive extensions for them.
The exile internal is great, had mine on for bout a year now. Only thing that sucks is no more star know for the highway....cruise...
Anyway, until grip ace comes out with an updated version of the button pad for the grip, it will only work on the pre 2011's. I've been buggin them and still nothing over a year later...
It's a 2013. I cut where the NAMZ extensions for my apes were installed. I don't use the star for cruising anyways so that is fine. Perhaps I'll wait until they update them. Thanks.

Old 10-03-2013, 08:26 PM
Mikeskins
Tourer

Well, I didn't realize that the burly beach bars for 1.25" were stepped so I am still looking around. Looking at Flander handlebars. Plus side is they can ship them already black.

Old 10-05-2013, 03:17 AM
Fatburger
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikeskins
Well, I didn't realize that the burly beach bars for 1.25" were stepped so I am still looking around. Looking at Flander handlebars. Plus side is they can ship them already black.
Damn dude. Shame you gotta swap out your bars. Your lo is on of the top 3 on this site. Is your first seargeant a jackass? I just got back from vandenberg afb. The cops at the front gate didnt say anything about my non d.o.t. helmet. I rode all over the base for three days and never got hassled. I brought a legal one just in case. Good luck man. Btw are you selling the apes and cables?

Last edited by Fatburger; 10-05-2013 at 03:22 AM.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners