Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 04:36 AM
peg20
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Is it EITMS kicking it perhaps?

Use the PowerVision to flash the original calibration back onto the ECM and take away all evidence. I'm not sure if the PV sets the flags on the ECM to say it has been flashed, but you could always claim ignorance and say another dealership flashed a stage1 map onto it?

Old 09-17-2013, 06:23 AM
adamivon
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turn signals

Originally Posted by Fatbob usmc EOD
I missed the problems your having what's your bike doing
It's having idling issues. Randomly when I bring the clutch in and I'm slowing or at a stop the RPMs drop from a normal idle of about 960-1060 down to anywhere from 700-920. When I give it gas the bike gets up and goes like normal but it seems like it's lost a little power. That could just be in my head though. I have a 2012 and so it's got the Gear/RPM indicator in the odometer window. When the clutch is in it shows random gears when it's supposed to show nothing. Also a new thing has started as of the last few rides. The right blinker will occasionally blink about twice as fast as normal. I'm thinking more and more it might be a bad ECM. I hope not since I have a power vision and the dealer will probably tell me to pound sand when it comes to warranty.[/QUOTE]
O

Last edited by adamivon; 09-17-2013 at 06:24 AM. Reason: Wrong
Old 09-17-2013, 07:24 PM
Mikeskins
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A little after 6 months the battery in my primary FOB dies. Lame.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:41 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikeskins
A little after 6 months the battery in my primary FOB dies. Lame.
My batteries are still the origanal one from when I picked up my bike on Feb 17th 2011. I guess I should change them soon.

Old 09-17-2013, 10:03 PM
Mikeskins
Tourer

Originally Posted by Misbehaven
My batteries are still the origanal one from when I picked up my bike on Feb 17th 2011. I guess I should change them soon.

Old 09-17-2013, 10:11 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master

Well I solved the blinker problem but not fixed exactly. It turned out to be a loose connector where it plugs in behind the brake light. I replaced the connector for a similar issue several months ago and it seems like I need another one. Does anybody have any ideas for why it might be getting loose. It seems like it's loose where the wires go into the connector itself.

Old 09-17-2013, 11:45 PM
RightOnFatty
Cruiser

I have bought my Lo since Oct 2011 and experienced several hard starts, in both warm and cold weathers. Since, I purchased the trickle charger and, more often than not, kept it plugged in. I found that, with the charger on, the bike seemed to start faster, within the first couple of cranks. My guess was that either the so-equipped generator was not built strong enough to keep the battery charged or the battery itself sucked at holding juice! In the meantime, I would keep the charger on as much as I could remember.
I do have some questions for the Lo brothers: what do you use to bring the shiny black look back to your leather bags or covers that are faded and looking brownish under the sun? Also, since I start using my phone as GPS on occasions, I'd like to know if there was some sort of holder to keep the phone on the handlebar, securely and in plain view? Looking forward to hearing from you all. Thanks.

Last edited by RightOnFatty; 09-17-2013 at 11:47 PM.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:34 AM
t03cutt3r
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
6am.. 1 hour until my trip.. from Jersey down to the York, PA Manufacturing plant .....

Damn, I'm heading up there tomorrow. I would have loved to meet the "Dining Room Mechanic".

Then I'll be heading up to Pottsville, PA to tour the Yuengling brewery.

Tail of the Dragon is on my bucket list.

Hope your ride was great.

Old 09-18-2013, 02:35 PM
TNB
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RightOnFatty
Also, since I start using my phone as GPS on occasions, I'd like to know if there was some sort of holder to keep the phone on the handlebar, securely and in plain view? Looking forward to hearing from you all. Thanks.
For a Ram Mount, try http://www.gpscity.com/mounts/&p=1&t=cell+phone+mounts

My GPS actually came with a couple of Ram Mounts. I've also ordered a couple of other Ram Mounts / items from GPS City.

Old 09-19-2013, 12:54 AM
RightOnFatty
Cruiser

Originally Posted by TNB
For a Ram Mount, try http://www.gpscity.com/mounts/&p=1&t=cell+phone+mounts

My GPS actually came with a couple of Ram Mounts. I've also ordered a couple of other Ram Mounts / items from GPS City.
That's a great start. Many thanks, TNB.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners