Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 02:30 PM
Willie D
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by musicnbikes

Here's the newest of mine. More to come very shortly.
I love that exhaust system, is it very loud ?
It sure cleans up the look of the Lo Boy . . . Nice Job.

Btw-are the heat shields chrome or brushed ?

Old 01-05-2011, 02:35 PM
musicnbikes
Road Master
Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

Thanks, I have only ridden it for a couple of miles, but it sounds pretty good. Not overly loud, and way better than stock. The heat shields are chrome. I bet brushed would look good though.

Old 01-05-2011, 02:46 PM
Willie D
Road Master
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by musicnbikes
Thanks, I have only ridden it for a couple of miles, but it sounds pretty good. Not overly loud, and way better than stock. The heat shields are chrome. I bet brushed would look good though.
Thanks - I want to be able to hear a set before I buy. spent way too much $$$$ over the years on exhust systems. . . .

Old 01-05-2011, 04:09 PM
FatBoy4Life
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice ride! I just put 16" apes on mine. Ill download a pic asap.

Old 01-06-2011, 08:12 AM
ThePinger
Intermediate
Default Calling all Street Slammer Owners!

I have searched high and low through this thread and everyone says that the Street Slammer bars are more comfortable than stock. Thank you. Ok... now HOW does it feel more comfortable? Does it give a couple of extra inches of pullback over the stock bars while keeping the same hand position? That is what I am really looking for.

Also, I have seen the question asked, but not seen a response directly related to the Street Slammer bars... Do you need new clutch/brake/throttle cables with the Street Slammers?

FYI I did finally pull the trigger on my Lo. Got a CRAZY deal on a '10 on Dec 31st (tax man was knocking I guess hahaha). I'll get pics going of the mods once I get them in progress.

Last edited by ThePinger; 01-06-2011 at 08:19 AM.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:43 AM
Toledofatboy
Advanced

My bike is in storage so I can't look at it right now. I'm going to order new handlebars for it. Do I need to order bars that are 1 1/4 all the way through including where the throttle bolts on?

Old 01-07-2011, 08:43 AM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Toledofatboy
My bike is in storage so I can't look at it right now. I'm going to order new handlebars for it. Do I need to order bars that are 1 1/4 all the way through including where the throttle bolts on?
Yes, you do need the 1 1/4" all the way through if your keeping the stock risers. Also the bars will reduce where the grips install (standard on bars).

Old 01-07-2011, 07:02 PM
Willie D
Road Master

Originally Posted by ThePinger
I have searched high and low through this thread and everyone says that the Street Slammer bars are more comfortable than stock. Thank you. Ok... now HOW does it feel more comfortable? Does it give a couple of extra inches of pullback over the stock bars while keeping the same hand position? That is what I am really looking for.
The rise is 7" on the SS and the pull back is just a bit more than stock.
Also, I have seen the question asked, but not seen a response directly related to the Street Slammer bars... Do you need new clutch/brake/throttle cables with the Street Slammers?
No- all you need is a new front brake line.

FYI I did finally pull the trigger on my Lo. Got a CRAZY deal on a '10 on Dec 31st (tax man was knocking I guess hahaha). I'll get pics going of the mods once I get them in progress.
Good luck with your choice....

Old 01-08-2011, 06:00 AM
HowBoutThemHogs
Novice

Toledofatboy, my 6" risers just came in yesterday. S'posed to snow here this weekend so the husband said he'd put them on for me to try. I'll keep ya posted on how much they change it and if we have to buy any additional parts. I'll try to get a pic to, haven't tried to post any yet...........

S

Old 01-08-2011, 06:59 AM
JasonV
Cruiser

Originally Posted by criminal
Real nice Criminal! Best looking one yet.

Only on page 30 of this thread so if you answered these after your initial post of pics, just let me know, I'll find it instead of you repeating yourself.

What seat and pipes are those? Fenders? You lowered your suspension, didn't you?

Almost looks like Heartland USA's version:
http://heartlandbiker.com/_product_2...010_Fat_Boy_Lo

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners