Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 06:07 PM
harleyfiremedic
Road Captain
Received 40 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by acsmith
Just purchased a 2013 Fatboy Lo this past weekend and I am looking for a good windshield. Looking for a tinted with black and not chrome trim. Dealer order the one that said fit my bike but when it came in it is one for bike with auxillary lights which I am not putting on. Any help or suggestions?? Thanks
I have the Memphis Shades 19" Fats on my Lo. It has the black lower section and black hardware. Been very happy with it.

Old 09-06-2013, 09:12 PM
LilChick
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Harley windshield with black trim. It isn't tinted though. I am 5 ft and I like it. Absolutely no buffeting with a full faced helmet. I am used to looking through a windshield. At my height, looking over it is impossible!

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-image.jpg  
Old 09-07-2013, 04:36 AM
IRULEURMOM
Cruiser

Name:  null_zpsfc41df10.jpg
Views: 608
Size:  218.7 KB wanted to post a pic of my setup. Carlini gangster apes, labriola foot Cluth with jockey ****, and shotgun shock

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
null_zpsfc41df10.jpg (218.7 KB, 60 views)

Last edited by IRULEURMOM; 09-07-2013 at 04:45 AM.
Old 09-07-2013, 08:11 AM
Mikeskins
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice set up man. I plan to order the Labriola in a week. Any info on that rear fender?

Old 09-07-2013, 10:09 AM
cwilliams
Advanced

Originally Posted by IRULEURMOM
wanted to post a pic of my setup. Carlini gangster apes, labriola foot Cluth with jockey ****, and shotgun shock

Nice!

Old 09-07-2013, 11:39 AM
cwilliams
Advanced

Originally Posted by Lone wolf lo 10
So after my trip thru the mountains last week have a few issues
First after going down then back up the mountain my front brake master cylinder started leaking at the seal for the cap AGAIN WTF.....
Second either to much weight with the sissy bar luggage pack and saddle bags full or the harness just picked then to fall but the rear lighting harness got rubbed thru to bare wires and lost turn signals, I removed the rear fender seemed easier then removing the tire and about 4 wires are stripped down and rubber wire loom is hanging down for the first 6 inches or so, I guess it's cut and solder time ugh
This exact thing happened to me. Turn signals started acting weird after a long trip with luggage and wife on bike... Left side lit up when brakes applied. Finally traced it to the wiring under the fender. Stripped and resoldered them all and slipped a hard plastic tube over them to protect them. Will raise the rear shocks next trip.

Old 09-07-2013, 12:00 PM
IRULEURMOM
Cruiser

Nice set up man. I plan to order the Labriola in a week. Any info on that rear fender?

The rear fender is the stock fender just completely shaved.

Last edited by IRULEURMOM; 09-07-2013 at 12:09 PM.
Old 09-07-2013, 12:02 PM
Ragnar
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LilChick
I have the Harley windshield with black trim. It isn't tinted though. I am 5 ft and I like it. Absolutely no buffeting with a full faced helmet. I am used to looking through a windshield. At my height, looking over it is impossible!
Most glass shops can cut them down, if you want. Local shop here charges $20.

Old 09-07-2013, 03:00 PM
fredman730
1st Gear

I'm still trying to read all the old posts on this thread ... up to page 208.

Bought my 2012 Lo back in February. (Last Saturday of the month + drizzly day + last year's model = petty good deal) Life has kept me busy since then so only have 1500 miles on it so far but I've loved every mile. Added a bag to the left side and removed the reflectors but otherwise have been patiently waiting to get exactly the parts I want. Well, no more!!! I've ordered and received the V&N 2-2 Big Radius and an S&S air cleaner ... both in black, of course.

Was going to order a PC V from Fuel Moto but got to looking at their Micro EFI. Looks like I can save a couple of bucks ... but at the risk of losing functionality if I decide in the future to beyond A/C and exhaust. Not planning those mods yet ... but who knows. Right? Anybody using their Micro EFI?

I'm reasonably adept with tools and have installed exhausts, carbs and ignitions on Shovels ... but I'm pretty green on the Lo still. Any thoughts on doing all three the same day? Thinking about hanging camera from ceiling to capture the installs on time lapse. Might be fun.

Thanks!

ce
Fuel Moto Micro EFI Tuner - 2012-2

ce

Old 09-07-2013, 03:14 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by fredman730
I'm still trying to read all the old posts on this thread ... up to page 208.

Bought my 2012 Lo back in February. (Last Saturday of the month + drizzly day + last year's model = petty good deal) Life has kept me busy since then so only have 1500 miles on it so far but I've loved every mile. Added a bag to the left side and removed the reflectors but otherwise have been patiently waiting to get exactly the parts I want. Well, no more!!! I've ordered and received the V&N 2-2 Big Radius and an S&S air cleaner ... both in black, of course.

Was going to order a PC V from Fuel Moto but got to looking at their Micro EFI. Looks like I can save a couple of bucks ... but at the risk of losing functionality if I decide in the future to beyond A/C and exhaust. Not planning those mods yet ... but who knows. Right? Anybody using their Micro EFI?

I'm reasonably adept with tools and have installed exhausts, carbs and ignitions on Shovels ... but I'm pretty green on the Lo still. Any thoughts on doing all three the same day? Thinking about hanging camera from ceiling to capture the installs on time lapse. Might be fun.

Thanks!

ce

ce
If you have all the right tools on hand you should have no problem doing it all in a day.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners