Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 06:21 PM
Mikeskins
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

28$ for the springs so I can finally get my front end put together. Hopefully I get them in a week. Plan on doing a few runs on the drag strip this month too.

Old 09-03-2013, 07:14 PM
Lone wolf lo 10
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So after my trip thru the mountains last week have a few issues
First after going down then back up the mountain my front brake master cylinder started leaking at the seal for the cap AGAIN WTF.....
Second either to much weight with the sissy bar luggage pack and saddle bags full or the harness just picked then to fall but the rear lighting harness got rubbed thru to bare wires and lost turn signals, I removed the rear fender seemed easier then removing the tire and about 4 wires are stripped down and rubber wire loom is hanging down for the first 6 inches or so, I guess it's cut and solder time ugh

Old 09-03-2013, 07:50 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lone wolf lo 10
Second either to much weight with the sissy bar luggage pack and saddle bags full or the harness just picked then to fall but the rear lighting harness got rubbed thru to bare wires and lost turn signals, I removed the rear fender seemed easier then removing the tire and about 4 wires are stripped down and rubber wire loom is hanging down for the first 6 inches or so, I guess it's cut and solder time ugh
When I had a weird squeak last year and tore my front end apart like 8 times looking for it (was a damn exhaust flange nut that worked itself loose), I figured "Hey, lets take a look under the rear fender" and I found that my wires were hanging down and rubbing on the tire (the back end is 1.75" lowered from the 422's) and saw that one was almost rubbed through.. I took a small cable clamp like this:

and mounted it to the inside of the seat stud bracket.. also replaced those plastic rings that hold the brack up with some flat nuts, so no more of the bracket falling through. I keep checking it and it seems fine..but i'm thinking maybe i shoudl raise the back end up a bit before i go on this trip.

Old 09-04-2013, 05:36 AM
Lone wolf lo 10
Tourer

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
When I had a weird squeak last year and tore my front end apart like 8 times looking for it (was a damn exhaust flange nut that worked itself loose), I figured "Hey, lets take a look under the rear fender" and I found that my wires were hanging down and rubbing on the tire (the back end is 1.75" lowered from the 422's) and saw that one was almost rubbed through.. I took a small cable clamp like this:

and mounted it to the inside of the seat stud bracket.. also replaced those plastic rings that hold the brack up with some flat nuts, so no more of the bracket falling through. I keep checking it and it seems fine..but i'm thinking maybe i shoudl raise the back end up a bit before i go on this trip.
Thx for the info man, I'm going to start repairing wires tonight, ill look into those hangers, I've been kicking the idea of lowering front and rear or getting a shotgun shock just after wedding and honeymoon last week I need to recoup my bank account a bit or just add to winter projects

Old 09-05-2013, 02:10 PM
td234
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
If the handle got squeezed, just stick something in between the brake pads to open them up again.. the pads should make a bit of contact to the rotor though, so i'm not exactly sure what you're hearing
Thanks. You were right, the front forks were not bad at all. A lot to take off to get to them, but once they were off, it was an easy swap.

Had an issue with the primary cover I ordered from the guy on eBay. One of the threads for the inspection cover was miss-tapped. Could not get screw in at all, and worse than that, the threads came out the back of the primary cover. He has been a little defensive about the whole thing, but I have now sent my primary to him to paint. We will see how his customer service is.

Old 09-06-2013, 09:25 AM
acsmith
Intermediate
Default New Fatboy Lo..looking for windshield

Just purchased a 2013 Fatboy Lo this past weekend and I am looking for a good windshield. Looking for a tinted with black and not chrome trim. Dealer order the one that said fit my bike but when it came in it is one for bike with auxillary lights which I am not putting on. Any help or suggestions?? Thanks

Old 09-06-2013, 03:38 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by acsmith
Just purchased a 2013 Fatboy Lo this past weekend and I am looking for a good windshield. Looking for a tinted with black and not chrome trim. Dealer order the one that said fit my bike but when it came in it is one for bike with auxillary lights which I am not putting on. Any help or suggestions?? Thanks
This is the one I bought off a fellow forum member, and had the chrome braces powder coated black
http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...-20-5824395--1

This one should fit, but it's not tinted like you'd like.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...ize-windshield

Memphis Shades makes some.. National Cycle..Klock Werks..

Depends on what you'd like. Like I said, I picked mine up from another user for like $175 with a leather pouch and such, so I couldn't go wrong.. otherwise I think the Klock Werks ones look pretty nice.

http://www.jpcycles.com/2013-harley-...rors/exact-fit

Old 09-06-2013, 03:43 PM
acsmith
Intermediate

Thank you Sgt Jim I will have to check those out...still debating on what size height since I'm only 5'3"...Husband loves the Klock Werks on his Roadglide Ultra.

Old 09-06-2013, 03:59 PM
Fenres
Advanced

I also had the rubber wire harness on rear fender fall down and rub. Caught it on accident before it became an issue while swapping out the rear fender.

Old 09-06-2013, 04:28 PM
Firemed509
Tourer

Originally Posted by acsmith
I have a klick Werks. I just bought the black brackets from Harley .

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-image.jpg  

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners