Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 04:40 PM
Tampakingpin
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jersey_Marine
Traded in my 2013 Fatboy Lo for a 2013 Street Glide. I had Vance and Hines Big Radius Pipes on it with an Arlen Ness Inverted Deep Cut Air Cleaner for 1 month. I am looking to dump them off to give me some money to compensate for an exhaust and air cleaner that fits the SG...PM me with any questions, interest and offers
-1 Fatboy Lo?

On behalf of me and my people, we are sorry for your loss

Old 08-29-2013, 04:53 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

There has been a lot of folk around here jump ship to the touring side. I can't say that it has not crossed my mind. My wife is battling a form of blood cancer and if thing progress in a worse way she may have to give up riding her bike. If that happens then I will be looking at at an ultra for her comfort. Who knows I may be able to swing a trade on her sportster and keep the Lo.

Last edited by Misbehaven; 08-29-2013 at 04:56 PM.
Old 08-29-2013, 06:38 PM
Mikeskins
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Either the shop, myself or progressive misplaced the little springs that slide onto the monotubes so I can't pick up my bike. Guess Ive got to call and order some.

Old 08-29-2013, 09:14 PM
Aeromech
Cruiser
Default minor mods

anyone ever order from Surdyke.com? They are freakin' great. Ordered myself a set of 4" risers, bushings, and a smoked tail light from them. Saved myself 60 clams than if I went to local dealership. I'd like to support the local, but 60 bucks is 60 bucks. I ordered a Saddlemen seat from them a while back for my SG, and saved some good cash too.
anyways, I'll be doing my Mods after I'm moved in to my new place.

Old 08-29-2013, 09:31 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Aeromech
anyone ever order from Surdyke.com? They are freakin' great. Ordered myself a set of 4" risers, bushings, and a smoked tail light from them. Saved myself 60 clams than if I went to local dealership. I'd like to support the local, but 60 bucks is 60 bucks. I ordered a Saddlemen seat from them a while back for my SG, and saved some good cash too.
Another good place to shop online is Kutter HD in Wisconsin and Newcastle HD in Pennsylvania. Both offer some pretty decent discounts.

Old 08-30-2013, 03:35 AM
sawguy
Advanced

Originally Posted by Misbehaven
There has been a lot of folk around here jump ship to the touring side. I can't say that it has not crossed my mind. My wife is battling a form of blood cancer and if thing progress in a worse way she may have to give up riding her bike. If that happens then I will be looking at at an ultra for her comfort. Who knows I may be able to swing a trade on her sportster and keep the Lo.

Wow, sorry to hear about your wifes battle. Good luck to both of you.

Old 08-30-2013, 01:54 PM
td234
Cruiser
Unhappy

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
Okay... Removing the forks:
Wow, Jim, this is awesome. This is my weekend project. Got all my gaskets and waiting on my center lift to do the sliders.

In my haste to get started, I removed my VH exhaust and tore the leads out of the O2 censor. Doh! Just the rear one. I figure I can get from HD, but I just added to my total cost of upgrades. ;>(

Old 08-30-2013, 02:03 PM
Ragnar
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Anyone else have these bars on their FB? I just bought this bike a few weeks ago, and I like the clean look. Oh, and by the way, I am now a member of the cool guys club being a FB owner.
The "whisker bars"? Yeah, they were on my wife's Lo when we bought it. She loves 'em. I find them useless, but they are set for her 5'7" legs, not my 6'2" ones. Never moved them forward to see if they'd be any good for me. Was considering a set for my Slim, but once I got the floorboards and controls moved a couple of inches forward, I didn't really need to stretch out much more.

On these FB/Lo/Slim softails, I dislike engine guards - they just seem to take away from the looks of the bike. The whisker bar isn't as intrusive and obvious. Strictly my opinion - won't tell anyone what they should or shouldn't do with their scoot.

Old 08-30-2013, 02:24 PM
Aeromech
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Ragnar
The "whisker bars"? Yeah, they were on my wife's Lo when we bought it. She loves 'em. I find them useless, but they are set for her 5'7" legs, not my 6'2" ones. Never moved them forward to see if they'd be any good for me. Was considering a set for my Slim, but once I got the floorboards and controls moved a couple of inches forward, I didn't really need to stretch out much more.

On these FB/Lo/Slim softails, I dislike engine guards - they just seem to take away from the looks of the bike. The whisker bar isn't as intrusive and obvious. Strictly my opinion - won't tell anyone what they should or shouldn't do with their scoot.
I was looking into a few different engine guards and feel the same. This bar is somewhat hidden. I'm going to keep this bike simple, no windshield, bags, etc. I have a SG for times I want to carry things. Thanks for your opinion

Old 08-30-2013, 02:39 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On Monday I put in an order with New Castle HD. Their prices are 20% off the catalog price, but just like Surdyke, they'll nail you on shipping (it's via UPS, btw). Even with shipping, I still ended up saving about $30 than if I had just gone down to the dealer and bought them (with no guarantee of the parts being in stock).

So here's my New Castle story, which, once I get my parts in my hand, i'll be putting in the general chat area's "GOOD dealer experiences" sticky:

On Monday I decided I'm not going to bag my Lo yet, i'd rather just get a sissy bar, strap my luggage to that, and save a few hundred dollars in the process. So I start looking online at the prices, the three least expensive places to buy were Surdyke, New Castle, and Hals. Surdyke and New Castle were less expensive, so that eliminated Hals. I put my items in my cart, calculate shipping, and New Castle was less expensive by $3 ($211 vs 214..taxes/shipping included). So I figured I'd go with New Castle. Now, there's some articles about New Castle having slow shipping, but they're old articles and I figure I'd give them a chance. So on the order, I put a special instruction "Hey, if you can't get these things to my doorstep by September 8th, let me know.". Put in the order. 8am the next morning, I get an email from John H. at New Castle HD saying they didn't have the part in stock, but they don't see why they wouldn't be able to get it to me by the 8th, and on their website is a PDF with customer ID's and order statuses for people waiting on parts and to keep an eye on it. I said "okay, No problem". I got an email yesterday at about 3pm saying "Your order has shipped". I check the tracking number today, and UPS has it tracked already in Parsippany, NJ.. which means it'll get to my house either tomorrow or Tuesday. So they went from not having the part in stock, to getting it shipped with an estimated delivery of less than a week from when I ordered. Pretty decent, IMO.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners