Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 05:21 PM
murracane
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am interested in the bags...I am new to this, is there any way to get a private message to get info?

Old 08-26-2013, 09:30 PM
murracane
Stage IV
Default Apes

Anyone have a complete list of things I need to buy for a 16" Ape upgrade on a 2012 FB Lo? I have a guy that will help with it I just need to buy everything. Thanks!

Old 08-26-2013, 11:45 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by murracane
Anyone have a complete list of things I need to buy for a 16" Ape upgrade on a 2012 FB Lo? I have a guy that will help with it I just need to buy everything. Thanks!
Do you have ABS brakes?

Old 08-27-2013, 12:05 AM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is there a prize for dirtiest Lo? If so here's my submission for the contest. I took these tonight but the ride that got the bike dirty was a few days ago. I had to take a wet gravel road for part of the way to work last week. I would have washed the bike over the weekend but my little girl wanted to go to the park instead.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-img_0908.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-img_0911.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-img_0912.jpg  
Old 08-27-2013, 01:54 AM
Fatburger
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Misbehaven
Do you have ABS brakes?
I would appreciate the same info. Mines a 2010 with no ABS. Thanks misbehavin. My Evil Twin Choppers in Lodi has sets for 375.00. What was the total cost for your LA choppers bars?

Old 08-27-2013, 06:55 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatburger
I would appreciate the same info. Mines a 2010 with no ABS. Thanks misbehavin. My Evil Twin Choppers in Lodi has sets for 375.00. What was the total cost for your LA choppers bars?
I'm in the market for ape's in the winter time, so far what I can tell that *I* need (not speaking for anyone else) is:

-The bars, obviously
-risers that fit the diameter of the bars (in my case, 1.25")
-cable extensions for the brake line, clutch line, throttle and return, and all the switch wire extensions
-probably new grips if i can't get my kuryakyn ones off from my current bars (they clutch side is glued on pretty good)

though I'm sure Misbehavin could correct me where I'm wrong

Old 08-27-2013, 07:12 AM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

LA Choopers Brakeline/cable kit: about $200
LA Choppers Apes: about $140
Namz Extensions: about $38
Transmission Side Cover Gasket: about $12

Total: close to $400, not including shipping. Or beer.
If you are wanting to go with a more expoensive bar (ex: Carlini), you might as well double this price because you will need new risers too.

You will also be needing new grips, or you can just pick up a matching one from HD since one of them will be glued to your old bars and you WILL NOT be able to get it off without cutting it off.

If you do it yourself and you are pretty handy, it should only take a few hours. If you have to read directions alot and go back and forth, it may take a weekend.

Also, you ABSOLUTELY need to have the HD service manual... Yes, you can find DIY threads on here to tell you how to do the install, but you will need that manual, at one point or another, so get it.

Last edited by CaptainMorgan_SOS; 08-27-2013 at 07:16 AM.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:14 AM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
I'm in the market for ape's in the winter time, so far what I can tell that *I* need (not speaking for anyone else) is:

-The bars, obviously
-risers that fit the diameter of the bars (in my case, 1.25")
-cable extensions for the brake line, clutch line, throttle and return, and all the switch wire extensions
-probably new grips if i can't get my kuryakyn ones off from my current bars (they clutch side is glued on pretty good)

though I'm sure Misbehavin could correct me where I'm wrong
Jim, if you still have your stock risers, they are 1.25"

Old 08-27-2013, 07:47 AM
JRuss
Cruiser

The stock bars are 1.25" all the way through the riser section. So make sure if you get bars that drop down to 1" to get matching risers.

Burly sells complete extension kits for under $200. At least my 14" extensions were anyways. Then whatever bars you want and a few hours over a weekend and you're good.

Old 08-27-2013, 09:36 AM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan_SOS
LA Choopers Brakeline/cable kit: about $200
LA Choppers Apes: about $140
Namz Extensions: about $38
Transmission Side Cover Gasket: about $12

Total: close to $400, not including shipping. Or beer.
If you are wanting to go with a more expoensive bar (ex: Carlini), you might as well double this price because you will need new risers too.

You will also be needing new grips, or you can just pick up a matching one from HD since one of them will be glued to your old bars and you WILL NOT be able to get it off without cutting it off.

If you do it yourself and you are pretty handy, it should only take a few hours. If you have to read directions alot and go back and forth, it may take a weekend.

Also, you ABSOLUTELY need to have the HD service manual... Yes, you can find DIY threads on here to tell you how to do the install, but you will need that manual, at one point or another, so get it.
A few of the 1.25 Carlini bars you can get that are not stepped down so you can use the stock risers if you wish.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners