Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 09:34 AM
liquidr1
Road Master
Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

I posted my leather pros trunk bag in the softail parts section if anyone interested

Old 08-21-2013, 09:50 AM
cwilliams
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
Yeah..that blue and black two-tone i think looks decent... but this "Sand Cammo Denim" is kinda derp-derp wtf

Yeah this is a no-go for me... however it matches my AR... so that's something.

Old 08-21-2013, 09:57 AM
atlantaallen
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Don't think I would buy one in Camo Tan, but there is still something about it that kinda gets your attention.

Old 08-21-2013, 08:41 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master

I wear enough camo that I don't think I'd really want to ride it. Unless it was a period correct 1940s WLA. That would be a different story. Still I think it's cool of HD to try something new. There's a lot of people complaining on the forum about the tan and some of the other colors but I suspect they are the same people complaining that HD keeps putting out the same old stuff and never try anything new.

Old 08-22-2013, 06:19 AM
t03cutt3r
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Candygram4Mongo
2012 Fat Boy Lo, S&S Stealth Breather & V&H Big Radius
I like the paint on your scoot. Looks good. One recommendation, put a smoked tail light on. It would blend well with your paint scheme.

What's on the back part of the Corbin seat ?

Old 08-22-2013, 11:28 PM
jjmitchem
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have a 2013 Lo. What are my options for increasing the exhaust sound? Are there baffles I can swap out? Are slips on the next best financial option?

I also want to drop in a K&N sir filter - will I need to adjust the tuning and how does all this effect my warranty?

Working on a budget right now because comfort features and good saddlebags are first on the list so my wife stays happy

Old 08-22-2013, 11:40 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master

Originally Posted by jjmitchem
Have a 2013 Lo. What are my options for increasing the exhaust sound? Are there baffles I can swap out? Are slips on the next best financial option?

I also want to drop in a K&N sir filter - will I need to adjust the tuning and how does all this effect my warranty?

Working on a budget right now because comfort features and good saddlebags are first on the list so my wife stays happy
I think the stock baffles are actually welded in so they can't really be swapped. I've heard of people drilling them or actually cutting them out entirely but from what I've read they sound like crap and you lose all/most backpressure that the baffle was providing so performance is also hurt. A much better option for a few hundred dollars would be slip ons. Those run a few hundred or so I think. If you change the exhaust to something that flows better slip ons or full system and do the AC as well then most suggest a tuner of some kind. Of course when it comes to that kind of thing there are a lot of opinions out there. I did my exhaust and tuner first since I wanted to fit large saddlebags. They are for sale on this thread if you want to check them out.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...-350-00-a.html

Like the ad says though they won't fit with the stock exhaust and a turn signal relocation kit. It's kind of a catch 22 in a way as far as bags and exhaust go since if you get bags now that fit with the stock exhaust they might very well be too small for you and you'll end up wanting to buy new larger bags when you finally do get around to doing the exhaust. A large sissy bar bag is what I got so that I'd have something to throw stuff in while I was waiting on my exhaust to ship (needed to wait for smaller Oxygen sensor drilled pipes to come out). Of course that means getting a sissy bar. These bikes are pretty expensive rabbit holes to go down once you get started. Hope this helps

Old 08-23-2013, 10:25 AM
td234
Cruiser

I know where you are coming from. There are so many options. THink through it before you pull the trigger. It can really save you $. I first got Rush Slip-ons cause I wanted the sound. But pretty quickly I saw how hot the VH pipes looked and within a year had those on the bike and had the Rush slip-ons in a box. Still have them for sale if interested.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...ons-black.html

As far as tuning, I got the Power Vision. It came with a map based on the pipes and breather I had. BUT, the unit has a leaning mode so you can change things, then have the auto-tune build a new map.

Old 08-23-2013, 12:12 PM
jjmitchem
Advanced

Thanks guys

Looks like this will probably be a project through sstages
I'm stationed in Hawaii now but will most likely be moving this winter/spring so I may wait so I can get cheaper mainland prices.

Old 08-23-2013, 02:18 PM
t03cutt3r
Cruiser

Thanks guys

Looks like this will probably be a project through sstages
I'm stationed in Hawaii now but will most likely be moving this winter/spring so I may wait so I can get cheaper mainland prices.

Get the FuelMoto Power Pack. Everything you need for stage 1. Great price and service from Jamie and the crew.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners