Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 09:48 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by t03cutt3r
We all expect to see the "grocery store run" when you get your new bags on.

Originally Posted by Fat11Lo
Congrats Fatbob and thanks for your service.You have to post the pics when done. I was looking at those for mine and since we have the same exhaust, and vivid black paint it should look the same as it would on mine.
Thanks, don't worry t03cutt3r there will definitely be a grocery run pic. I'll do it a little differently though then my other ones and lay everything out next to the bike. It'll be more impressive that way. Fat11Lo, pics will hopefully be up late Monday night. Unfortunately they'll only be garage iPhone pics at first. The guy at Boss Bags told me that their bags are molded to fit close to the swingarm so I'm interested to see how small the gap is from the back compared to my current bags. The locking system is simple enough I might actually use it more often. My current bags can be a pain sometimes to get to lock so I don't use the lock very often.

Old 07-25-2013, 06:17 PM
rojuwi
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i sold my lo. sucks but needed to be done because of some personal situations. anyway, i have some viking hard saddlebags that i had bought to put on my bike but never got around to painting them or anything. they are in pretty good shape and the they came with some hardware but to tell you the truth I never got it out and checked if everything i needed was there. If anyone is interested in these I will sell them very cheap. I gave $300 but need these out of the garage so just make an offer. you might be surprised. if anyone wants pictures please message me with your email and I'll get you some pics. thanks

Old 07-26-2013, 09:01 AM
t03cutt3r
Cruiser

Originally Posted by rojuwi
well i sold my lo. sucks but needed to be done because of some personal situations. anyway, i have some viking hard saddlebags that i had bought to put on my bike but never got around to painting them or anything. they are in pretty good shape and the they came with some hardware but to tell you the truth I never got it out and checked if everything i needed was there. If anyone is interested in these I will sell them very cheap. I gave $300 but need these out of the garage so just make an offer. you might be surprised. if anyone wants pictures please message me with your email and I'll get you some pics. thanks
You should post pics and part #'s in the classified section of the forum. They will get more attention there.

Old 07-27-2013, 10:03 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master

The waiting continues. Has anybody else ordered from Boss Bags before? I'm not used to ordering anything over the phone so I forgot to make sure they had my email so I could get a tracking number. I'm going to give them a call on Monday to see if they can get me one. Hopefully they shipped my bags before they all left for Sturgis.

Old 07-27-2013, 11:04 PM
Mikeskins
Tourer

August will be uneventful only having a new rear tire installed. September though I'll install my Progressive mono tubes 2" lowering kit, powder coat lowers and cow bells. And of course install the 21x3.5 Ride Wright wheel. Then I can start working on my jockey shifter/suicide clutch.

Old 07-28-2013, 12:09 AM
Dave's 1stHog
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn there are a lot of nice a$$ looking bikes on here! I am sitting here in AFG drooling over your rides, day dreaming over what mine will look like; I wont even get to see it for about 6 more months when it gets delivered. In the meantime, I know exactly what I want it to look like thanks to all of you on here. I am going with the V&H Big Radius 2-2, SE Heavy Breather, PV2 Tuner....boy wont the wife be surprised when the boxes start rolling in lol....Thanks to all of you here for the great ideas and awesome rides, stay safe.

Old 07-28-2013, 04:26 PM
Lightafatty
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikeskins
August will be uneventful only having a new rear tire installed. September though I'll install my Progressive mono tubes 2" lowering kit, powder coat lowers and cow bells. And of course install the 21x3.5 Ride Wright wheel. Then I can start working on my jockey shifter/suicide clutch.
I've been thinking about going with jockey shifter and running internal throttle.

Old 07-28-2013, 05:30 PM
Mikeskins
Tourer

Originally Posted by Lightafatty
I've been thinking about going with jockey shifter and running internal throttle.
I want to go internal throttle as well but some army motorcycle meetings were telling us that they were going to crack down on apes. 15" from the seat is the law in the area. I'm sitting at around 29" So I may just wait to see the outcome of it. Other mods will keep me busy in the mean time.

Old 07-28-2013, 10:27 PM
jjmitchem
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone have a recommendation for a one piece integrated tail/brake/turn signals

Don't really like the stock rear turn signals.

Old 07-28-2013, 10:29 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master

Originally Posted by jjmitchem
Anyone have a recommendation for a one piece integrated tail/brake/turn signals

Don't really like the stock rear turn signals.
Don't have a name or part number but I think Kuryakyn makes something like that. I saw one the other day somewhere so give them a look.

http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/158...LED-Taillights

Here's the link to their catalog page. It's got integrated turn signals within the brake light housing and is all LED so it should be brighter than stock. It's available in red or the more Lo appropriate smoked version

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 10-08-2017 at 05:42 PM.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners