Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 04:54 PM
Biker90
Road Warrior
Received 39 Likes on 18 Posts

Hey all. I traded my tourer for a 2013 fat boy lo anniversary edition and I got a couple questions, I figured this would be a great place to ask.
1) will the led headlight and/or tail light from my 2011 Electra glide fit on this bike?
I ran only slip ons on my glide with nothing else touched for 19,000 miles and had no problems, could I do the same with this bike?
Also some pointers on the things I want to change.
Handle bars, seat, add driving lights, engine guard, sissy bar and saddle bags.
Thanks guys picking up the bike Friday and hope to get to riding it ASAP.

Old 07-20-2013, 10:19 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Biker90
Hey all. I traded my tourer for a 2013 fat boy lo anniversary edition and I got a couple questions, I figured this would be a great place to ask.
1) will the led headlight and/or tail light from my 2011 Electra glide fit on this bike?
I ran only slip ons on my glide with nothing else touched for 19,000 miles and had no problems, could I do the same with this bike?
Also some pointers on the things I want to change.
Handle bars, seat, add driving lights, engine guard, sissy bar and saddle bags.
Thanks guys picking up the bike Friday and hope to get to riding it ASAP.
The headlight should fit fine. Both are 7" lamps and I looked it up and the part numbers match so you should be ok there. Same thing with the tail light although without a part number for the one on your electra glide I couldn't be 100% sure. 68087-08 is the tail light part number I used for the tail lamps and it's listed for both bikes. You can run only slipons if you want and it won't be a problem. There's several guys on this thread who went that way. The thing to me though is how big of a saddlebag setup do you want. You're probably used to the bigger bags on the electra so you might be disappointed with the capacity of bags you'll be able to fit with a stock/slip on exhaust setup. I've gone with the passing lamps and engine guard on my lo and I'm pretty happy with them. I've also got the HD sissy bar and luggage rack and use them every day. Hope this helps

Old 07-20-2013, 10:23 PM
Biker90
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Fatbob usmc EOD
The headlight should fit fine. Both are 7" lamps and I looked it up and the part numbers match so you should be ok there. Same thing with the tail light although without a part number for the one on your electra glide I couldn't be 100% sure. 68087-08 is the tail light part number I used for the tail lamps and it's listed for both bikes. You can run only slipons if you want and it won't be a problem. There's several guys on this thread who went that way. The thing to me though is how big of a saddlebag setup do you want. You're probably used to the bigger bags on the electra so you might be disappointed with the capacity of bags you'll be able to fit with a stock/slip on exhaust setup. I've gone with the passing lamps and engine guard on my lo and I'm pretty happy with them. I've also got the HD sissy bar and luggage rack and use them every day. Hope this helps
Thanks. Yes it helps. How much of a difference in size are the saddlebags with stock exhaust vs the saddlebag with the exhaust moved?

Old 07-20-2013, 10:41 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master

Originally Posted by Biker90
Thanks. Yes it helps. How much of a difference in size are the saddlebags with stock exhaust vs the saddlebag with the exhaust moved?
I wish I could give you a concrete idea but I just have to say it's quite a bit. Going to a dealer and seeing what they have would give you the best idea. The stock exhaust sits up pretty high and that means the bags that will fit can't really be very deep. I think HD does have one or two bags that aren't too bad but still won't be near what you're used to and of course they are HD priced.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...15-90200616--1

Here's a link to the largest ones HD's makes for the Fatboy Lo. 2400 cubic inches total. I looked up your electra glides and it looks like it had about 4000 total.

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 10-08-2017 at 11:45 AM.
Old 07-20-2013, 11:30 PM
Biker90
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Fatbob usmc EOD
http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...15-90200616--1

Here's a link to the largest ones HD's makes for the Fatboy Lo. 2400 cubic inches total. I looked up your electra glides and it looks like it had about 4000 total.
I know ill never get anywhere close to what I had between my saddlebags and tour pack but I knew that when I was trading. I guess I'll have to put the smaller ones for now until I can afford a new complete exhaust and ill get a sissy bar bag for my trips. Thanks for all the info.

Old 07-21-2013, 04:50 PM
JRuss
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had Rush 2" slip ons w/ baffles removed for almost 4 months now. K&N RK intake. Dynojet tuning. no issues.

I usually run with a solo bag on the side. For long rides I have an old HD throw over set I'll run with. Take the solo bag off.

Old 07-21-2013, 07:49 PM
RightOnFatty
Cruiser

Sad news for a new HD riding brother. His ride was short, yet fulfilling. God bless the family.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1402957

Old 07-21-2013, 08:54 PM
Fat11Lo
Road Warrior
Received 496 Likes on 267 Posts

Originally Posted by Misbehaven
I'll be nice and let JJ and some other new members read a few pages here. Then I'll let him have it about removing those damn reflectors.
Thought you were slippping man.......

Welcome to all the new members, hang on to your wallets tight, funds don't last long around here

Old 07-22-2013, 05:37 AM
Shortysmalls
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blacked out some covers

Hey all. New to this forum so figured I'd post pics of the blacked out work i've been doing.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-black-primary.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-black-tranny-cam.jpg  
Old 07-22-2013, 08:00 AM
Fat11Lo
Road Warrior
Received 496 Likes on 267 Posts

Originally Posted by RightOnFatty
Sad news for a new HD riding brother. His ride was short, yet fulfilling. God bless the family.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1402957
Wow, hate to hear stuff like that.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners