Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 10:13 PM
Mikeskins
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't complain. I'd check off another Harley I get to test drive. Also welcome new fat boy owners. Now get to modding.

Old 07-18-2013, 10:39 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

I'll be nice and let JJ and some other new members read a few pages here. Then I'll let him have it about removing those damn reflectors.

Old 07-18-2013, 11:02 PM
Mikeskins
Tourer

I try to do my part. I removed my buddy's from his wide glide. I feel bad though because I only removed the rear ones on my other buddy's street bob. Perhaps tomorrow I'll be the nice guy.

Old 07-19-2013, 12:26 AM
harleyfiremedic
Road Captain
Received 40 Likes on 18 Posts

Fellow Lo riders... I need some assistance with a new project for my lo./ This Spring I designed and had fabricated a custom rack for my Lo. Wasn't sure how it would go over, but I really like it, and it gets peoples attention.

Here is the rack...

Now I want to do Crash/Engine guards. Could someone who has bars on their bike do me a large favor? Can you get me a couple of pictures of where they bolt onto the bike so I can see the location as well as the clearances? Also could you get the distance they stick out from the frame and how tall they are?? bottom bar to top bar) Finally, what is the diameter of the bars?

Appreciate it, I am pretty sure "my guy" can make them, just want to have as much figured out as I can before I chat with him about it.

Old 07-19-2013, 07:28 AM
JRuss
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's how my Fatty Lo sits currently. See if you can spot the bike.

Old 07-19-2013, 10:16 AM
Mikeskins
Tourer

Sorry about the phone pics. I promise I'm going to wash my bike tomorrow morning before my trip. The bars looked the same as my apes so 1.25 diameter. I don't have anything to measure the dimensions but someone will be around shortly I'm sure. The bars went out about 1/2 inch to an inch passed the boards.
Name:  2013-07-19105433_zpsd41596a1.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  84.0 KB
Name:  2013-07-19105452_zps4803288a.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  116.6 KB

Old 07-19-2013, 10:19 AM
renatoperez
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by harleyfiremedic
Fellow Lo riders... I need some assistance with a new project for my lo./ This Spring I designed and had fabricated a custom rack for my Lo. Wasn't sure how it would go over, but I really like it, and it gets peoples attention.

Here is the rack...

Now I want to do Crash/Engine guards. Could someone who has bars on their bike do me a large favor? Can you get me a couple of pictures of where they bolt onto the bike so I can see the location as well as the clearances? Also could you get the distance they stick out from the frame and how tall they are?? bottom bar to top bar) Finally, what is the diameter of the bars?

Appreciate it, I am pretty sure "my guy" can make them, just want to have as much figured out as I can before I chat with him about it.
Just bought my and I'll get u some Pic's later today with measurements, Mounting points are in middle of frame in front of your tank and under you boards on the control mount..

Originally Posted by JSharp
I saw an orange road glide with the blacked out forks and it looked great, really makes the front fender stand out. I am sure you will see too many ways to spend money on this forum . Enjoy the Lo
Thanks Yeah I've started noticing that, money can go quickly from my pocket to a parts store when it come to my Lo, but its sure enjoyment..

Originally Posted by Lightafatty
Welcome! The dealer here has that color is there showroom. Gotta say it looks way better in person. Keep hanging out on here and I'm sure you will find some ways to spend your money LOL. I would do stage 1 upgrade first. Exhaust, intake, and tune.
I'd like to do that, but not sure which way to go on the stage 1 up grade, to many out there and don't really know whats good or which is the best?

recent adds to the Lo: aux light kit and highway bar..

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-img_1414-copy.jpg  

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 10-08-2017 at 11:44 AM.
Old 07-19-2013, 04:04 PM
jjmitchem
Advanced

Got a detailing question. What do I use on the brushed aluminum? The exhaust shields, casings etc?

Old 07-20-2013, 12:27 PM
renatoperez
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by jjmitchem
Got a detailing question. What do I use on the brushed aluminum? The exhaust shields, casings etc?
not sure if this is a good thing, but I just wax mine the temp is not higher then the wax heat tolerance so no residue afterwards... just depends what it is your trying to do..

Old 07-20-2013, 12:40 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by jjmitchem
For mine I use windex and lemon pledge to clean the bike. Then s100 engine brightener on the engine. The pledge works great on the denim black to me it gives a slight satin finish and makes the paint pop a bit.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners