Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 08:22 AM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Cheddar85
Here's mine, check it out let me know what ya think. 2012 with T-style drag bars, K&N intake, V&H staggerd big shots lost of other small stuff.
Looks great. I will keep an eye out for you next time I'm down that way for a Jelly bean re-supply.

Old 07-01-2013, 04:19 AM
usmcpog0402
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone know of a company or even independent (preferbly in the NYC/Long Island area) that makes stretched front and rear fenders for the Lo?

Old 07-01-2013, 08:52 PM
2012Fatso
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Fatbob usmc EOD
Has anybody had their revs drop strangely? On my way home today I had it happen several times within a few miles where the revs in first gear while waiting for traffic dropped down pretty far below the normal of 960-1060 or so all the way down below 800. About a mile or so from my house the revs were back to normal when stopped in first gear. Oil temp was only about 218. First time I've had it happen so I'm not going to panic yet but I've done enough maintenance and parts installs of my own to make warranty claims a pain so I'm hoping it's just an oddity.
I haven't had that happen but I did have my idle just jump up to 2500 and wouldn't go back down and started running like s*** and sounded like a tractor..it's in the shop now waiting to hear back.

Old 07-01-2013, 09:53 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2012Fatso
I haven't had that happen but I did have my idle just jump up to 2500 and wouldn't go back down and started running like s*** and sounded like a tractor..it's in the shop now waiting to hear back.
It's done it twice so far. I talked to my local indy and he said to try some gas dry and injector cleaner. I'm giving it a shot so we'll see what happens. My gear indicator on the odometer is also acting weird now. It shows a gear even when the clutch is in. Up to now it only gave a gear when the clutch was out. Seems to happen mostly when coming to a stop and is a little random as far as what gear is indicated. It works normally and shows the correct gear when the clutch is out.

Old 07-02-2013, 08:51 AM
Lone wolf lo 10
Tourer

Originally Posted by FatBoyLo528
What do you think?
Looks good but hate to be the one to say it but think about loosing the reflectors...... Lol

Old 07-02-2013, 07:35 PM
Stratoscape
Advanced

Originally Posted by Fatbob usmc EOD
I had a rear brake problem on my 2010 Fat Bob a while back. I noticed that the when the rear brake went down it wouldn't return. I had to put my toe under the break pedal and lift it up to release the brake. Not quite the same thing but I guess it could have easily gone that way. Took it to the dealer and they fixed it. It's been a while but I think they said something about honing some part of the caliper. Try doing a search because I seem to remember at least one or two other threads with Fat Boy Lo's having rear break problems.
I had an issue 2x with my 2010 Lo rear brake. I was told it was a problem with a pin that holds the calipers and pads at the correct spacing. I was also told the second time the first dealer installed incorrectly ... If you can see the inside pad through the hole in the disc it is too low and it might be a similar issue.

Old 07-02-2013, 07:45 PM
Stratoscape
Advanced

Originally Posted by RightOnFatty
Got my bike back late in the day, but here is the whole scoop. The service tech who claimed having 18 years of experience told me in the face that dirt and debris were the culprits(?) He also admitted that it was a rare and isolated incidence (no wide spread out break of any kind). I should note here that around 4 weeks ago I had the rear tire changed due to a nail puncture. At the same shop. Acknowledging that, the super tech stuttered the rest of the story, that he had to pry on the pads to remove the caliper. The pad was pushed, wedged and stuck unevenly onto the rotor! The rotor sustained some scoring, but not bad enough to be replaced. Both the caliper and pads were reset, cleaned and reinstalled. The bike was road tested for about 6 miles with nothing else to report. Everything was taken care of by the 2 year warranty. He said I should not worry too much of it. It's all fixed. Did I mentioned earlier that I had the rear tire worked on about 4 weeks ago before the problem occurred? It is too soon to tell. Meanwhile, I'm gonna take it easy on the throttle and paying extra attention to the rear brake every time my foot touches the pedal. Lesson to be learned: make sure the caliper and the pads are super clean when having the rear wheel or brake worked on. Again, the utmost important awareness to all riders: when you suddenly feel the brake goes spongy being pushed upon, safely get out of the traffic and call a real tow truck right away. Good luck to us all. Appreciate your inputs, always. Ride safe.
Right on.. My issue occured right after a rear tire change as well.. From what I have learned it is not dirt your rear brake was not reinstalled correctly and that small pin was not installed correctly.
Here is a photo of my Rear disc after mine locked up and it turned a nice neon blue... You can see inside pad through the inner hole.. that is bad...

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-blue-breaks.jpg  
Old 07-02-2013, 07:47 PM
Stratoscape
Advanced

Originally Posted by Griff11Lo
So I went to the HD dealer today...Sat on a 2013 streetglide.. OH boy.
They said it would ride totally different then the fatboy lo? Your thoughts on the ride and trade?
Thanks for the help guys.

And keep in mind the A motor just feels and sounds soooo much different than the B motor in your Lo

Old 07-02-2013, 07:55 PM
Stratoscape
Advanced

Originally Posted by Griff11Lo
LOL
I was (-) this close to buying it today. I really really am debating the hell out of it. Of course you get the input from the dealer towards the new street glide.

Kinda pro's and con's things now.

pro=
2013,103ci,bags,gauges, radio,CD player,mp3 player.
In theory a better ride for long distance?
No money down

Cons=
2013 Stock. Quiet, I would lose all the addons I just put on my bike.

Has anyone ridden a SG and thought it was better then the Lo?
I have not even ridden it yet only sat on it.

Well I guess this is an OBE comment..

Last edited by Stratoscape; 07-02-2013 at 08:08 PM.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:34 PM
GriffinDenim13FLHX
Road Warrior
Received 120 Likes on 91 Posts

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners