Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LePera Seats for a nightrain

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 07:26 PM
hrlydstn
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a LaPera Silhouette Solo Seat w/gel model #LGK 850 I would be willing to sell very reasonably.PM me or my email is harleydstn@gmail.com if you think he would be interested.
Pic on my 06 Night Train

Old 04-05-2010, 07:45 PM
VTwinPulse
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the leather barebones with gel and my butt feels the same as my stocker after 200 miles. Then again, I work in an F-250 for a living, on dirt washboard roads and rocky trail roads.

Old 04-05-2010, 08:37 PM
SavannahBob
Tourer

Originally Posted by luv_my_harley
Is that a trick question?!

He wants a seat that is comfortable but he is not willing to sacrifice looks. He still wants his bike to be slim and sleek without a bulky touring seat. He wants a solo seat that makes his bike look good....he does around town riding, highway riding, and if we ever get time will go on further rides so it needs to be comfortable enough to with stand at least an hour of straight riding. So far LePera is the only one that looks padded enough (gel seat) but sporty enough.

He looked at the seat at harley, the brawler I think? It was terrible!
I have the Brawler, and can stay in the saddle all day.

Old 04-05-2010, 10:28 PM
lumberjacker
Advanced

Im a big fat guy. right now around 375lbs. i have a leather bare bones with gel and have done 600 plus miles in a day. *** hurts like hell after that many miles but i could have any seat i wanted. IMHO no other seat looks better on my bike than the LePera bare bones. i would consider the Silhouette Solo for longer trips. it has a little more padding. In the end this is how I feel about it, If i wanted a lazy boy recliner on wheels i would buy an ultra...

I love my bare bones gel. Good luck in what you decide. Ride safe.

LIFE IS PAIN............

Old 04-06-2010, 12:14 AM
cryan9
Road Captain

I have the leather bare bones and love it.

Old 04-06-2010, 12:33 AM
kiwideuce
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

how about a c&c?

Old 04-06-2010, 09:57 AM
luv_my_harley
Road Master

You guys have all been really helpful! I know he is definitely interested in the butt crack solo seat and his second choice is the LePera. So I will see what he wants and we'll get it. Thanks everyone!

Old 04-06-2010, 10:23 AM
LooseMoose
Tourer

Originally Posted by luv_my_harley
You guys have all been really helpful! I know he is definitely interested in the butt crack solo seat and his second choice is the LePera. So I will see what he wants and we'll get it. Thanks everyone!
Be advised...

The D.G. Buttcrack solo is a very cool seat!! BUTT... (pun intended) they can be a bit "wierd feeling" if YOU don't come equipped with your own natural padding on your backside. Last night, I had the chance to "test sit" a well worn D.G. solo seat. The ridge down the middle of the seat made it feel a bit uncomfortable. In a "you can feel it and know it's there" kind of way. Mind you... I didn't ride the bike so I have no "on the road" experience with it. However... if I can feel that ridge with no bumps and grinds from the road, the feeling or discomfort can only get worse from there. My thoughts are the Buttcrack solo may not be the right seat for my boney lil' behind. Now, on the other hand (or cheek)... If hubby has a well padded backside, that ridge may not be an issue. As always... YMMV.

I'm now turning my attention to either a custom seat from a local guy, one from C&C or a solo from Le Pera to complete my Softail build.

Thus ends my pair of pennies. Good luck on yor search!!

Old 04-06-2010, 11:01 AM
Havanacigar
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the C&C solo...love it

Old 04-06-2010, 12:35 PM
mike06train
Road Captain

+1 on the Bare Bones. I have the standerd bare bones without gel. I'm good for 150 miles until my *** starts to bother me.

Quick Reply: LePera Seats for a nightrain