Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tri-bar tail light and turn / brake module

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 06:09 PM
ejohnson1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tri-bar tail light and turn / brake module

I bought Biketronics Turn/brake light module and it worked fine. Today I installed the tri-bar tail light and Alloy Art signals and the module quit working right.

The tail light does not work in running mode, its brake light works fine. The turn signals work for turn and brake as they should (although I need a load equilizer for the flash speed). When I disconnect the module from the bike the tail light works fine as both run and brake.

Has any body esle had trouble using modules with this tail light?
Any recommendations on a different brand of module that will work with the tail light? (I only want turn & brake function for the signals)

Thanks!

Old 04-04-2010, 07:41 AM
ejohnson1
Cruiser

bump - Thanks

Old 04-04-2010, 08:12 AM
Smug
Tourer

I just replaced my old tri-bar with a new one. When I plugged it in I only had a brake light and no running light. I compared the wires on the new and old and on the new one moco had the blue wire in the wrong slot in the conn. The conn. has 4 slots and the pins should go in the 1(blue) 3,4 slots, not 2,3,4 slots. Check it out.

Old 04-04-2010, 08:18 AM
ejohnson1
Cruiser

will do -thanks

Old 04-04-2010, 09:38 AM
Smug
Tourer

Let us know how ya make out.

Old 04-04-2010, 10:13 AM
ejohnson1
Cruiser

Ok, that was it. Switched the blue wire from slot 2 to slot 1. Now it works fine with, or without, the brake / turn module.

Just curious though, if it was wired wrong why would it work when the module was unplugged?

Also, with the tail light working properly, the signal flash is consistant. A little faster but not too bad. I don't think I'll add an equilizer.

Old 04-04-2010, 10:21 AM
Carmell RKC
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Smug
I just replaced my old tri-bar with a new one. When I plugged it in I only had a brake light and no running light. I compared the wires on the new and old and on the new one moco had the blue wire in the wrong slot in the conn. The conn. has 4 slots and the pins should go in the 1(blue) 3,4 slots, not 2,3,4 slots. Check it out.

+1 for me on this as well. I also had to slightly tweak the thin terminals that stab the plug so there was more tension at the point of contact.

Old 04-05-2010, 07:12 AM
Smug
Tourer

When I installed the new tri-bar I already had the biketronics plugged in. I used their model bt801, because I just wanted to eliminate the fast blink. I have the Alloy Arts in back and just L.E.D. bulbs in front. Maybe without the load equal. the new tri-bar might have worked fine, never checked it out. Like I said, it was wired differently from the old one. Head scratcher, UH !!!

Old 08-22-2011, 01:11 PM
brinsr
Advanced

Did the little red key show up on your dash when you installed the lights?
Since I'm not staring at the bike now, which connector did you change? Was it the main harness? I replaced my main harness and noticed a wire looked out of place.

Old 08-23-2011, 10:56 PM
brinsr
Advanced

no flippin way! It worked! I have no understanding as to why, but it worked! I did have to use the EQ to make turn signals flash at the correct speed. The red key light on the dash went out as well. now if I can get the gas gauge to work!

Quick Reply: Tri-bar tail light and turn / brake module