Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softail Baggers Only...Pics please

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 07:54 AM
flsoftail
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by barchetta
This is just my opinion and doesnt mean much, what matters is yours but... to me your bikes looks like its not done with the black bags and fairing.. needs to be all the same color..
That would be the finishing touch, I bought the custom paint set online and it has about 7 shades of red. Matching it on the bags and fairing would have been too expensive (would have just as well to bought a streetglide) so I decided to go with the black contrast look to flow the bike. I hate the fact that Harley and the parts market decides for riders "what should be chrome, or black, or painted, or only fits a certain model or year" it leaves out the creativity for the person who wants to be different from the crowd. I have powder coated some parts that are unavailable in black.

Old 03-03-2014, 04:57 PM
barchetta
Tourer

Originally Posted by flsoftail
That would be the finishing touch, I bought the custom paint set online and it has about 7 shades of red. Matching it on the bags and fairing would have been too expensive (would have just as well to bought a streetglide) so I decided to go with the black contrast look to flow the bike. I hate the fact that Harley and the parts market decides for riders "what should be chrome, or black, or painted, or only fits a certain model or year" it leaves out the creativity for the person who wants to be different from the crowd. I have powder coated some parts that are unavailable in black.
If thats a stock red all you need is the harley red and clear coat.. buy a gun, do it yourself.. no big deal.. just learn how to wet sand and polish.. If I dont get a street glide I'll be spraying myself... paint and all chems with clear to do the whole bike is about $300-400 plus a gun which is like $50. But if you like it how it is then its a mute point.. just doesnt look finished to me.

BTW.. how did you get that SG front wheel to fit? looks sweet.

Old 03-03-2014, 06:11 PM
rrogers4
4th Gear
Default My 2001 FatBoy Bagger

My 2001 FatBoy with RoadKing bags, Necelle, relocated coil, 2 inch tank lift and Freedom Performance Racing DualsSoftail Baggers Only...Pics please-3rd.jpg

Softail Baggers Only...Pics please-motor.jpg

Softail Baggers Only...Pics please-rear.jpg

Old 03-04-2014, 07:31 AM
flsoftail
Intermediate

Originally Posted by barchetta
If thats a stock red all you need is the harley red and clear coat.. buy a gun, do it yourself.. no big deal.. just learn how to wet sand and polish.. If I dont get a street glide I'll be spraying myself... paint and all chems with clear to do the whole bike is about $300-400 plus a gun which is like $50. But if you like it how it is then its a mute point.. just doesnt look finished to me.

BTW.. how did you get that SG front wheel to fit? looks sweet.

Far from stock red, it was custom painted with 7 different mixes of HOK, the only person who could duplicate it would be the original painter and I don't know who that is. Yea if it were stock color I would have already sprayed it and for much less than $400, I have 4 guns 2 compressors. I sprayed-wet sanded the speaker lids, they come unfinished.
Difficult to see detail in photo due to sun, logo is not a decal and the flames are outlined with airbrush broken line accents, just painting the bags and fairing solid color would look worse than just being black.

On the front wheel, the wheel centers on the front of a softail, just the rotor will not center in the caliper, get a machine shop to shave .20 on the left side rotor face and it will line right up. Check photos I posted in another HDforum https://www.hdforums.com/forum/wheel...l#post12086803

Old 03-04-2014, 09:55 PM
bullet proof
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

bought a cycle visions mounting kit....I was looking at the 4" extended calvary customs saddle bags...any feedback on these?

Old 03-04-2014, 10:33 PM
2WHEELFREAK
Road Master
Received 73 Likes on 63 Posts

Some really really nice bikes in this thread. Amazing

Old 03-09-2014, 08:24 PM
BrusterAZ
Novice

My 93 Heritage, just put the bags on so I haven't had time to have them sprayed yet.

Name:  DSC_0414_zps7b6234fa.jpg
Views: 493
Size:  81.1 KB

Last edited by BrusterAZ; 03-09-2014 at 08:28 PM.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:12 PM
terryrh
Elite HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by BrusterAZ
My 93 Heritage, just put the bags on so I haven't had time to have them sprayed yet.

I kinda like the red and black.

Old 03-10-2014, 10:48 AM
gasparm
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I added a new Danny Gray seat late last year to finish my bike off.

Old 03-13-2014, 11:35 AM
MrCrit
Novice
Cool '08 Fatboy

Little at a time.....

Attached Thumbnails Softail Baggers Only...Pics please-img_20130624_154110_722.jpg   Softail Baggers Only...Pics please-img_20130624_154032_613.jpg  

Quick Reply: Softail Baggers Only...Pics please