Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softail Baggers Only...Pics please

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 08:26 PM
1baddeluxe
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome looking bike.

Old 11-08-2010, 09:27 PM
pepper lynn
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The bags are Tsukayu, the lowers are Talisman, the rack is Motherwell. I will be having the seat remodelled in the spring by Rich. Looking for saddlebag guard lowers too.

Attached Thumbnails Softail Baggers Only...Pics please-baby-and-i-in-merritt.jpg   Softail Baggers Only...Pics please-photo.jpg   Softail Baggers Only...Pics please-img_94431aajpg.jpg  

Last edited by pepper lynn; 11-08-2010 at 09:50 PM.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:07 PM
redbone62
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fireman1501
What front fender is that on your ride?
i got ot on ebay i can look for seller in my saved info if u want me to just pm me it was a nice prime and paint fender no body work needed very rare this days thick gage to

The following users liked this post:
Longobard (07-16-2022)
Old 11-09-2010, 12:05 AM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member
Received 187 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by pepper lynn
The bags are Tsukayu, the lowers are Talisman, the rack is Motherwell. I will be having the seat remodelled in the spring by Rich. Looking for saddlebag guard lowers too.

Nice! I like how the bags fit close to the fender without filler strip, are a couple inches taller and a lot wider then FL bags. Any side pics of the bike. Both sides?

Old 11-09-2010, 07:58 PM
pepper lynn
Tourer

Originally Posted by KumaRide
Nice! I like how the bags fit close to the fender without filler strip, are a couple inches taller and a lot wider then FL bags. Any side pics of the bike. Both sides?
The bags are mounted using the original mounting brackets from the leather bags so there is the same space between the bags and the chrome mount on the fender. Very slick.... Capacity is about 32 litres and are larger, I believe, than FL bags. I quite like and there doesn't seem to be anything like this out there.

Here are some side pics....

Attached Thumbnails Softail Baggers Only...Pics please-img_6128.jpg   Softail Baggers Only...Pics please-img_6187.jpg   Softail Baggers Only...Pics please-img_5708.jpg  

Last edited by pepper lynn; 11-09-2010 at 10:46 PM.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:33 PM
OldBoldPilot
Club Member

Received 24,064 Likes on 5,308 Posts

The bags are mounted using the original mounting brackets from the leather bags so there is the same space between the bags and the chrome mount on the fender. Very slick.... Capacity is about 32 litres and are larger, I believe, than FL bags. I quite like and there doesn't seem to be anything like this out there.

I think your bags are the nicest hard bags I've seen yet for the Heritage, and the price seems right. Are you completely happy with the quality overall?

Was it difficult to get the mounting brackets off the stock bags, and to mount them on the new bags? Also, it appears there was no conflict with the Heritage saddlebag guards, is that right?

The following users liked this post:
boz12 (12-31-2016)
Old 11-09-2010, 09:49 PM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member
Received 187 Likes on 148 Posts

Those are slick. The rear crash bars makes them fit the bike very good. Thanks for the pics!

Old 11-09-2010, 11:03 PM
pepper lynn
Tourer

Originally Posted by OldBoldPilot
I think your bags are the nicest hard bags I've seen yet for the Heritage, and the price seems right. Are you completely happy with the quality overall?

Was it difficult to get the mounting brackets off the stock bags, and to mount them on the new bags? Also, it appears there was no conflict with the Heritage saddlebag guards, is that right?
The price was right and there was no charge for shipping either. Yes I am very happy with the quality of the bags in both construction and with ease of installation. I had the "strong" bags from Tsukayu for my Honda and had no hesitation to purchase from this company again.
To remove the mounting brackets off the stock I just needed to drill out the rivets and rivet the brackets onto the hard bags. Less than an hour to install start to finish. They lock, my half helmet jacket, and gear all fit neatly on one side and my other gear in the other. I use the FL bag liners for road trips to take my gear with me. No conflict with the saddlebag guards at all. I am actually trying to locate the saddlebag guard lowers, similar to touring models, but Harley doesn't make them for the softail. I may be able to get them from the company that did the engine guard covers.
Thanks.......

Old 11-09-2010, 11:06 PM
pepper lynn
Tourer

Originally Posted by KumaRide
Those are slick. The rear crash bars makes them fit the bike very good. Thanks for the pics!
Thanks and it is always good to have feedback.....

Old 11-10-2010, 03:08 AM
Reino_79
Tourer

Originally Posted by Miked053
This might be a dumb question but is there a difference in the Harley hard bags? Seen a lot of pictures and some look noticeably wider than others. I am looking to bag the lo and I think the wider bags would look better with the wider rear fender that the los have.
Originally Posted by Scottsdale_Mark
Same question as Mike. Reino's bags are much lower than other bikes with the standard Touring hard bags seen earlier in this thread.
FL Style HD bags is a style bag, originally done by HD but others have stolen their design and run with them. Mine are extended fiberglass aftermarket FL style bags. You can get to the look I have using the bag extenders but I decided Id get the true extended bags, which gave me about 4" x 4" x length of bag extra in the bottom of the bags, enough for tools, rain gear and a few other goodies. That and Im just not a fan of covers or anything else that makes it look like you have something you dont.

You can get the FL style bags in fiberglass or ABS, extended or not. There are many options out there and many companies that make the HD FL style bags. There are also many other bags that companies have come up with their own design. All work and all are good for the most part, just depends on what you want.

Quick Reply: Softail Baggers Only...Pics please