Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need recommandation for SAMSON True Duals

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 06:33 PM
SD_Nick
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got a similar set up. These pipes are one of Samson's new sets. Got it installed a couple weeks ago. Picture is before I got the Bags and Lowers on. Great Sound, loud when you want them to be but quiet enough to keep the neighbors happy when you pull in. Install took a couple hours and was fairly simple. Much easier than getting my thunderheaders off.

Old 03-29-2010, 06:48 PM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JOHD
The new Samsons look very nice. I see that they are Ceramic coated with baffles. Have you already heard them ?
I have not heard them yet but the shape of them almost look like Rineharts...almost...which sound really good.

With your styled bike i think fishtails wouldn't look right, as BIGSMOOTH has mentioned. But thats my opinion also. You got that bagger/touring thing goen on of which those new black Samson's would look great on your bike...

Only person i've seen on this forum who has them is SD_NICK...his bike is very simular to yours. Ask him im sure he could answer all your questions...he actually has a thread goen on at this time about them.

Last edited by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe; 03-29-2010 at 06:57 PM.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:46 PM
casadelray
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Get a wrench

I put the Samson true dual on my ride just a few months ago. Installation was easy. The instructions are well written, the parts are good quality and mine are the 28" and sound great. The only suggestion I can provide is to get a cheap 1/2" combo wrench and torch a 90~100 degree bend in it. This was the best way I could tighten the aft flange nut on the rear jug. Once you install it, you'll see You might even learn some new French. lol

Old 03-30-2010, 10:12 PM
JOHD
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by casadelray
I put the Samson true dual on my ride just a few months ago. Installation was easy. The instructions are well written, the parts are good quality and mine are the 28" and sound great. The only suggestion I can provide is to get a cheap 1/2" combo wrench and torch a 90~100 degree bend in it. This was the best way I could tighten the aft flange nut on the rear jug. Once you install it, you'll see You might even learn some new French. lol

each time I handwork, I'm finishing with this new French language,...

Old 03-30-2010, 10:13 PM
JOHD
Tourer

Originally Posted by SD_Nick
I've got a similar set up. These pipes are one of Samson's new sets. Got it installed a couple weeks ago. Picture is before I got the Bags and Lowers on. Great Sound, loud when you want them to be but quiet enough to keep the neighbors happy when you pull in. Install took a couple hours and was fairly simple. Much easier than getting my thunderheaders off.
Very nice bike. The new Samson are great.

Old 03-30-2010, 10:15 PM
JOHD
Tourer

Originally Posted by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
I have not heard them yet but the shape of them almost look like Rineharts...almost...which sound really good.

With your styled bike i think fishtails wouldn't look right, as BIGSMOOTH has mentioned. But thats my opinion also. You got that bagger/touring thing goen on of which those new black Samson's would look great on your bike...

Only person i've seen on this forum who has them is SD_NICK...his bike is very simular to yours. Ask him im sure he could answer all your questions...he actually has a thread goen on at this time about them.
I appreciate your comments and advises. Thanks a lot.

I just ordered the new Samson in Ceramic Black.

They are really great and for sure will fit perfectly with the style of my bike.

Old 03-30-2010, 10:19 PM
SoftailDon
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SD_Nick
How about another pic with the bags and lowers?

Old 03-30-2010, 10:20 PM
JOHD
Tourer

I really thank all of you for your replies, comments, inputs and tips.

Really helpfull as I was building my decision.

I just ordered the new Samson in Black Ceramic.

Now waiting to receive them ..... Time will seem long....

Old 03-30-2010, 10:36 PM
JOHD
Tourer

Originally Posted by Big Smooth
While pipes are certainly a matter of personal taste, I think that BlkandChrome gave a great idea. Those new Samson duals with the ceramic black and chrome tips would look very nice on your set up. I've never been one for fishtails on a bike with bags unless the fishtails extend past the bags. If not, they tend to get a little lost in the overall look.
You're right : the new Samson will fit perfectly. Thanks.