Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help convince me into a Fatboy Lo

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 09:27 PM
DrWalkinboner
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Help convince me into a Fatboy Lo

I went to the dealership in San Antonio today. They found me a 2010 Fatboy Lo denim black in Dallas or something. They will give me $4k for my sportbike which is decent for trade in I guess. I could probably get closer to $5k selling privately but who knows how long it will take. Just looking for opinions on some owners of Fatboy's in general or Lo owners. Looking to get V&H big radius 2-2 asap. I'm hoping to have a decision on it tomorrow or Monday. Help persuade me!!!! Oh yea, I'm moving to Sturgis in July so I need a "real" bike haha.

Old 03-27-2010, 09:29 PM
The Guardian
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First off, tell me what you're trading in. Secondly, look into a stock fatboy, as I've seen incidences where you can get a normal fat boy and make it look like a Lo for cheaper. Just saying, welcome to the site by the way from another sportbike to harley convert.

Old 03-27-2010, 09:32 PM
snook592
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you gotta be convinced then it isn't the bike for you. Me liking it doesn't do crap for you. Screw everyone else, find what YOU like and do it. Best advice I can give you. Welcome aboard the forum too.

Old 03-27-2010, 09:34 PM
DrWalkinboner
Road Captain

2006 Yamaha R6 w/12K on the odo. It's got some fairing damage on the left side and high beam HID ballast is burnt out. Down side is I just put new Pirelli Diablo tires on it 2 weeks ago. We crunched the numbers and it came out to $15k after trade which I think is good because the Lo is already pretty much blacked out. I don't like chrome or bling anymore. The stock fatboy is too shiny IMO.

Old 03-27-2010, 09:37 PM
tlb
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I would get a regular Fatboy and make the mods I want. Why get a Lo that looks the same as everyones elses Lo?

Old 03-27-2010, 09:38 PM
ao2slabaugh
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

def swap out the plastic for some real bike

Old 03-27-2010, 09:38 PM
DrWalkinboner
Road Captain

Originally Posted by snook592
If you gotta be convinced then it isn't the bike for you. Me liking it doesn't do crap for you. Screw everyone else, find what YOU like and do it. Best advice I can give you. Welcome aboard the forum too.
I know what you're saying man...I've wanted a HD for years now and a Rocker since they came out but after sitting on one, it didn't feel right. My friend has a Street Bob and I liked the feel of that when I rode it but the FB LO feels perfect. I guess I'm already convinced it's the bike I want, I'm just hesitant to commit now as opposed to later down the road but I know one day, I'll have one. I'm still single too so I need to get it out of the way before I get married.

Old 03-27-2010, 09:41 PM
DrWalkinboner
Road Captain

Originally Posted by tlb
I would get a regular Fatboy and make the mods I want. Why get a Lo that looks the same as everyones elses Lo?
Less chrome to replace is what I'm going for. I will definitely mod it appropriately as I did with my car turning from stock to a nasty street car. I just want to start with a dark bike and make it darker? Make sense at all? lol

Last edited by DrWalkinboner; 03-27-2010 at 09:44 PM.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:43 PM
The Guardian
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DrWalkinboner
2006 Yamaha R6 w/12K on the odo. It's got some fairing damage on the left side and high beam HID ballast is burnt out. Down side is I just put new Pirelli Diablo tires on it 2 weeks ago. We crunched the numbers and it came out to $15k after trade which I think is good because the Lo is already pretty much blacked out. I don't like chrome or bling anymore. The stock fatboy is too shiny IMO.
Nice on the R6. As far as that goes, I'd do some thinking on your own if you still need convinced. Look into the Nightster also, and the Iron, that are also bikes with blacked out stuff are a little bit cheaper.

Old 03-27-2010, 09:50 PM
DrWalkinboner
Road Captain

Originally Posted by The Guardian
Nice on the R6. As far as that goes, I'd do some thinking on your own if you still need convinced. Look into the Nightster also, and the Iron, that are also bikes with blacked out stuff are a little bit cheaper.
Sorry but ixnay on the Nightster...I'm 6'2" 220. I look like a damn clown at the circus on a pocket rocket haha!

Quick Reply: Help convince me into a Fatboy Lo