Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help convince me into a Fatboy Lo

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 02:30 AM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by snook592
If you gotta be convinced then it isn't the bike for you. Me liking it doesn't do crap for you. Screw everyone else, find what YOU like and do it. Best advice I can give you. Welcome aboard the forum too.
i didn't get any further than this.

snook nailed it.

Old 03-28-2010, 02:59 AM
kiwideuce
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by snook592
If you gotta be convinced then it isn't the bike for you. Me liking it doesn't do crap for you. Screw everyone else, find what YOU like and do it. Best advice I can give you. Welcome aboard the forum too.
yip! exactly !!!get a deluxe!!

Old 03-28-2010, 03:40 AM
DaveFLSTFB
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I say do it, but it's easy for me to spend someone else's money.

Old 03-28-2010, 06:40 AM
Anthony16
Advanced

If you are second guessing yourself than its not for you. Last year I was looking at the Night Rod but something stopped me from pulling the trigger. When I saw the ad for the Lo I knew right then and there I had to have it.

Old 03-28-2010, 07:53 AM
DrWalkinboner
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I was just really looking for everyone to tell me the positives of buying a Harley or a FB Lo as opposed to maybe a custom bike. But I accept everyones constructive criticism and now have better knowledge before I buy. I didn't know I could shop at different dealers for different prices. I thought they were all the same. Going to check out another one today.

DaveFLSTFB...that's what I want my bike to look like. That picture came up when I started googling the FB Lo and I was hooked ever since. Do you have any other pics by chance?

Old 03-28-2010, 08:04 AM
bikermama
Road Captain

I seen the ad in the hog magazine for the lo and that did it, I love it!!!!!

Old 03-28-2010, 08:19 AM
billybobber
Cruiser

Originally Posted by DrWalkinboner
Alright, they're open tomorrow so I'll check them out. I appreciate the heads up! How much difference do you think it could be at Gruene?
Gruene is open but I don't think any salesman come in on sunday. You may be able to save anywhere from 1500 to 2000.
Keep in mind ANY dealer will try to make more $$ off extended warranties too. This is a personal choice but I passed on that too. (expect alot of pressure here and stand your ground if you don't want it)
You want to shoot for the lowest possible out the door price. Also, don't let them try to just lower your monthly payment- this has nothing to do with the final price. They will simply add more years to your loan to get the lower monthly payment. This is a hot selling bike so it may just depend on what mood they are in when you talk $$.
Last day of the month is always the best day to buy as well so keep that in mind. Act like you don't give a **** about the Lo. If they see you all wide eyed and ready to jump they will aslo use that to their advantage.

The bottom line is you being happy like everyone here is saying.

One last thing, don't hesitate to tell them the deal another dealer is offering. They love to compete. You could even reduce the offer amount figure slightly to make them work even harder to beat it

Let me know when you get it so we can go ride before it gets hot as hell here

Last edited by billybobber; 03-28-2010 at 08:33 AM.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:48 AM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,378 Likes on 2,577 Posts

you should know for yourself and not rely on others for this kind of decision.

Old 03-28-2010, 02:25 PM
Cnyncrvr
Novice

Asking for likes and dislikes is one thing so you can make a more informed decision. Asking people to make your mind up for you means your in no way ready for a swap.

Secondly calling a harley a "Real" Bike as opposed to any other bike is in my oppinion a bad attitude to start with. Your R6 has a frame, motor, wheels, handlebars, and everything else to make it ride on two wheels last time I checked. Ask 100 riders what they're first bike was and 95 of them wont say a Harley. Nothing makes a Harley better than any other bike.

Riding is riding PERIOD and those that dont beleive that dont ride for the right reasons.

Now onto my oppinion of the low. I have a 2010 standard fatboy. As much as I like the FBLO I just couldnt get over the fact that there was little to no contrast through out the bike. I personally need to see contrast on a bike, If my eyes swim in a sea of one color I cant notice the subtle difference's that set each persons bike apart.

The problem with chrome over the years is that people have used it to much. Chrome was meant to accent other area's of an object and to break up hard lines and overwhelming colors. But alot of people have IN MY OPINION used chrome as the Over whelming color and that detracts from the overall appearence of the bike.

These are all my own oppinions and as such are scewed in my favor. Take what you will and make an informed decision.

Old 03-28-2010, 02:48 PM
DaveFLSTFB
Road Captain

Originally Posted by DrWalkinboner

DaveFLSTFB...that's what I want my bike to look like. That picture came up when I started googling the FB Lo and I was hooked ever since. Do you have any other pics by chance?
Check out my profile or search for my posts, there's plenty of pics on here from me.

Quick Reply: Help convince me into a Fatboy Lo