Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help convince me into a Fatboy Lo

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 10:53 PM
DrWalkinboner
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Gap...check
Warranty...comes with 2 year and I can wrench myself but know nothing when it comes to bikes so I might have to extend it.

I'm thinking of V&H big radius 2-2 pipes...what are some other similar type exhausts that I won't necessarily being paying for the name. The salesman told me he could add them to my financing.

Old 03-27-2010, 10:54 PM
billybobber
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

15K after 4K trade on a 16,2 bike? Hmmmm.....Must be alamo city or Caliente HD. You can do better my friend. Don't pay prep and frieght or the extended warraty for that matter or you may have regrets. In today's market, the Lo's value will tank the minute you drive off the lot.
If they don't drop those fees, go to Javelina or gruene HD. That's what I did when I was lowballed by Alamo. Alamo has bikes stacked to the ceiling and still won't deal....unbelievable.....
My .02 cents

Old 03-27-2010, 10:58 PM
billybobber
Cruiser

Also, don't buy squat and add to the loan!! Buy that stuff on line for 20% off as you can afford it. ChcagoHD is your friend ...
They will poke your eyes out in a heart beat if you let them and it seems there off to a good start already.....

Old 03-27-2010, 11:04 PM
DrWalkinboner
Road Captain

Yea it's Alamo City...you think I should have them drop the price then billybobber? They said they go off MSRP. You're right though, they are stacked to the ceiling. They took me in the back warehouse and I couldn't believe how many bikes they got.

Old 03-27-2010, 11:23 PM
billybobber
Cruiser

Originally Posted by DrWalkinboner
Yea it's Alamo City...you think I should have them drop the price then billybobber? They said they go off MSRP. You're right though, they are stacked to the ceiling. They took me in the back warehouse and I couldn't believe how many bikes they got.
I would shop around brother at Gruene or Javelina for the best deal. Because the Lo you want is not in stock, they are using that to their advantage. I got my Lo at Gruene after Alamo wouldnt budge. (and I have been a customer there for 15 years for christ sake.) Gruene waived all fees except TTL. Go there and ask for Montana. At the end of the day, WALK if you don't get what you want. It's your coin they are after and it's a buyers market no matter what they tell you. Tell Gruene how Alamo is shafting you and they will be more than happy to smoke their deal- trust me. Just tell them you want the bike with the freight and prep waived -If they hesitate, walk and they will come running after you

Old 03-27-2010, 11:31 PM
DrWalkinboner
Road Captain

Alright, they're open tomorrow so I'll check them out. I appreciate the heads up! How much difference do you think it could be at Gruene?

Old 03-28-2010, 12:41 AM
RocketRocker
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No convincing because no one else is paying for it. Personally, I planned on buying the FB for over 10 years but when it came down to it I bought the Rocker! Very glad that I did.

Old 03-28-2010, 01:30 AM
masar
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I say go for the Lo, i love it. But make better search on price, ask other dealers and get better price.

Old 03-28-2010, 02:03 AM
hpfatboy
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Why do you need persuasion? If you dont like it, dont buy it!!!

Old 03-28-2010, 02:22 AM
sliver
Tourer

Buy it man. I converted from a ZX12r and it was the best decision I ever made. I'm 6'4" 250 and ride an FXST with extended controls. A used Train would be nice but those lows are bad ***!

Quick Reply: Help convince me into a Fatboy Lo