Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock 88" TC with S&S carb and V&H pipes

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 08:26 PM
Northside
Road Warrior
Received 142 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by story808
Wow that sucks then... So I'm wrong, sorry North... and you guys should have bought a Mikuni.
Noo big deal. The Mikuni is a really great carb and way more flexible than the C.V. The C.V. is still a great carb on a stock bike. I used to put SU British Sports car carbs on Harleys back in the seventies. They were the only carb I found back then that would run smooth at all rpms. Everything else had flat spots that were hard to get rid of. The SU looked cool as hell and had a big dome on top that would actually frost up as you rode. The dome contained a vacuum piston with a slide and needle attached just like the CV, because it too, was a constant velocity carb. They also were a top performer in the day. Properly set up the C.V is an excellent carb, Harley even sells bigger bore CVs for larger builds. I'm not knocking S&S either. That Mikuni is the ticket if you start modifying your motor in my opinion. We're lucky these days, to have so many choices..