Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Commander V or remap at dealer

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 12:10 PM
masar
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Power Commander V or remap at dealer

I just purchased SE heavy breather. I have also Big Radius 2in2. Now i have to decide. I can buy PC V which will cost me shipped from U.S. aprox. 400 usd incl. taxes. Or i can have remap at local dealer here for 150 usd. I do not think i will play with different maps in future, just need to have correct and best set up.

Should i spent that 400 bucks or will dealer remap give me same quality?

Old 03-22-2010, 12:15 PM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

IMO go with the PCV from Fuel Moto, lifetime MAP support and the bike will run better and cooler than with a HD Download. The HD download in the US does not add any additional fuel only changes the timing from what the Service Manager at my Dealership says.

And in the future if you do decide to make any more mods you will be set.

Old 03-22-2010, 12:20 PM
Figstr
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Re-map sucks. They did one on me when my ECM got fried. They said it was an "updated" download (whatever that means). Either way, bike doesn't run like it used to. I'll be going with the Fuel Moto PC in a few days.

Old 03-22-2010, 12:27 PM
plutnicki
Road Master
Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

I just got my FuelMoto PC-V and Stage 1 Air Cleaner. Happy with the result (not a ton of riding yet though). Plus, if you do decide to make additional changes, you can get more maps from them, plus most good tuners know how to use a PC, if you decide to let an indy shop do the work.

I've read the same basic thing, that the dealer remap still leaves you "factory" style lean.

Old 03-22-2010, 02:21 PM
J-Train
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Masar, not trying to hijack this thread as Iam going to be buying a pc-III from fuel moto soon, but how are you liking your SE heavy breather? I'm currently torn between the SE Heavy breather, or going with k&n, not sure yet. In answering your question, I'm going to choose to go with the PC-III once decide on which intake to put on.

Old 03-22-2010, 02:49 PM
masar
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by J-Train
Masar, not trying to hijack this thread as Iam going to be buying a pc-III from fuel moto soon, but how are you liking your SE heavy breather? I'm currently torn between the SE Heavy breather, or going with k&n, not sure yet. In answering your question, I'm going to choose to go with the PC-III once decide on which intake to put on.
I would go with PC V because of small size. Looks like most of you guys recommend to spend more money for the PC, thanks for opinions.

I had same dilema, you can find my threat from weekend asking others about difference between SE and K&N. I decided for SE, because i like more the shape (K&N is oval) and the SE eagle rain sock (i love that eagle on ). Went for black version. I just bought it today and its being packed and shipped now, so can not tell you more.

Old 03-22-2010, 10:27 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Forget the remap. Total garbage. Take everyone elses advice here.