Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is the marriage doctor in?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 12:03 PM
Joe Diver
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Go look at the Honda.

If it makes her happy, you're golden.

It's not your bike, it's her bike.

Old 03-22-2010, 12:07 PM
HunterBLT
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow thanks for the great replies. I was sure I was going to get hammered. She doesn't like the Harley because of the vibration (now have fun with that one) and the heat off the motor and the pipes. We had an Electra Guide and she didn't like being confined in the seat. I know she sounds high maintenance but she is no where close, she is so low maintenance that I try to please her when she does ask for something.

Old 03-22-2010, 01:17 PM
jrr
Cruiser

Originally Posted by HunterBLT
Wow thanks for the great replies. I was sure I was going to get hammered. She doesn't like the Harley because of the vibration (now have fun with that one) and the heat off the motor and the pipes. We had an Electra Guide and she didn't like being confined in the seat. I know she sounds high maintenance but she is no where close, she is so low maintenance that I try to please her when she does ask for something.
You've had good advice here... many options that are not mutually exclusive. If vibration and seat constraint are problems I would look at Beemers . Most important thing is that she feels that she has a say. If she is normally low maintenance, do whatever it takes (short of quitting riding!)...Good luck

Last edited by jrr; 03-22-2010 at 01:18 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-22-2010, 03:02 PM
gforrest2
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 2kids3pets
Sounds just like my wife..she loved to ride at first...2 kids and 25 yrs later not a chance she would get on
+1, not even with the comfy seat and sissy bar. Didn't help that after 2 kids and no bikes for 15 years I went out and got the Harley I'd always wanted. Really didn't help that I didn't tell her until the night before and that the bike was 1500 miles away in Arizona. Had to get a buddy to give me a ride to the airport.

Old 03-22-2010, 05:26 PM
Bluehighways
Stellar HDF Member
Received 225 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by Scout
Rent a Honda Sport Touring and see if she really wants to ride. Then rent a touring HD and see which she likes better. Guaranteed she will like the HD. Don't go buying a ST13 with the hope that she "may" like it. Damn, a Fatboy or an ST, both not very friendly passenger bikes......
Excellent idea . . . maybe even mix it up with other bike rentals. In the end tho, for better or worse . . . a happy wife with a metric beats an unhappy wife with a Harley . . . what's the saying? If Mama aint happy . . . aint nobody happy?

Old 03-22-2010, 06:57 PM
fourspeed
Advanced
Default Is the marriage doctor in?

Be very careful with that ST1300, it is a high performance machine. If you wife has not ridden in years, rent before purchasing one, or find her something easier to handle as she returns to the saddle. You definitely want this experience to be a pleasant one for both of you.

Old 03-22-2010, 07:36 PM
Fat_Boy
Tourer
Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

I'm having a similar issue with my wife. She loved riding passenger on the sporty and fatboy until this season. She keeps complaining about comfort issues and having alot of pain. We are talking about her taking the motorcycle safety course, getting her license, and beginning to ride on her own. She will be starting out on a honda shadow.

Old 03-22-2010, 10:33 PM
akhenaten
Tourer

"If mama's not happy, NO ONE will be happy" Such a very true statement. Keep us posted on what transpires. Maybe she'll take the sport bike, and do some runs with you on the FatBoy. Good luck man.

Old 03-22-2010, 10:53 PM
eisterd
Road Captain

Check out the Triump Rocket. My uncle has one and it's like riding in limo. Plus you can still go to harley rallies and not get heckled to bad. It's super smooth!

Old 03-23-2010, 02:40 AM
hpfatboy
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking

Man did you open a can of WORMS or PANDORA'S BOX!!!

Quick Reply: Is the marriage doctor in?