Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What does custom mean to you? My build (PICS)

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 11:49 PM
micahpop
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks mike.

I just think everybody's tastes and preferences are different. Some people want to build stuff that can't be store bought. Others are content to buy H-D or aftermarket parts to modify their bike. And then there are even some that like to keep their bike mostly stock (won't find many on hdforums). Whatever you want to do your bike, is cool with me.

Old 03-22-2010, 11:52 PM
micahpop
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mac1313
I am glad to see this thread was a complete waste of my time and effort. I never stated that I had a completely custom bike. I was simply stating that I had an idea to make a rear fender set up that could not be bought straight from one manufacturer and bolted to my bike. I put a lot of time and effort to create something that no one else would have. I am glad to see that this thread has been taken out of context.
mac, I honestly don't think most of the posts were trying to dog you for suggesting whether one thing is custom or not. I know I personally was not.

There was one post about store bought ain't custom and gotta make your own stuff that some of us were responding to.

That was my take anyway.

Old 03-23-2010, 12:17 AM
travis dasher
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mac I dig what you are doing and the style you got. I wasnt doggin ya either. Your bike reflects Your style..

Old 03-23-2010, 01:20 AM
Cav Cop
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by micahpop
Well, I was trying to make a smart-***, sarcastic comment but I guess it didn't work...

I don't have a problem with my bike not being custom - no problem at all.

If I had the skills and the tools to fabricate my own ****, I would love to do that. But until then, I'm perfectly satisfied buying cool stuff "off the shelf".
I was messing with you. I got it, and then flipped it.

I look at bikes like I look at cars. You have mods, and then you custom work/fabrication.

At one point I thought about getting some custom stuff from OCC, WCC, and some other makers (have a mix of custom parts from different projects I have seen). Then I looked at the cost. 100% shelf stuff for this guy.

Harelys are about making a bike yours. Every rider make their bike 'theirs'. Its custom made for them. But custom can mean different things to each rider.

Old 03-23-2010, 01:36 AM
skipper469
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Hey Mac.. Bike mods are looking good man! I don't think anyone here is trying to dog on your mods. Your question just opens a large broad bag of worms with different takes and opinions. My *** being the only one that sits on my bike is what makes mine custom.

Old 03-23-2010, 01:56 PM
OS_DELUXE
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Customized... modified... it doesn't matter.
All that matters is that you are satisfied with the changes you've made to give it your own unique twist.

Old 03-23-2010, 03:55 PM
ao2slabaugh
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah i dont think anyone was ******* anyone just opinions everyone is different your bike do with it what you want and screw what everyone else thinks about it your bike represents yourself