Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What does custom mean to you? My build (PICS)

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 08:51 AM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,461 Likes on 2,600 Posts

Why don't you extend the mounting bracket of the fender a little and drill new holes and use that fender.Cut off the bracket so you can move the fender forward enough to get the seat in line and use the cut off piece to extend.A little welding and grinding is way cheaper than a new seat.G.

Last edited by back again; 03-22-2010 at 08:54 AM.
Old 03-22-2010, 12:58 PM
ao2slabaugh
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by back again
Why don't you extend the mounting bracket of the fender a little and drill new holes and use that fender.Cut off the bracket so you can move the fender forward enough to get the seat in line and use the cut off piece to extend.A little welding and grinding is way cheaper than a new seat.G.
True story man

Old 03-22-2010, 01:16 PM
lionsqrne
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not to steal your thread....

But ya, Jesse is a tool anymore. He gave up Sandra for that? I mean I don't mind ink but my taste are a bit less. Sandra get's better lookin everyday.

Old 03-22-2010, 02:05 PM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

That made in stuff is getting really old, quality ain't related to where things are made, not anymore. You can find TOP NOTCH stuff manufactured in China, Korea, Taiwan, you name it. The thing that JJ can't stop making is money, we should just turn our heads elsewhere when we find that he is selling cheap stuff, because another thing you specify to your off-shore supplier is: How cheap do you want your chit. They have quality standards for all budgets, this is when you do have to kill the messenger

I found Klockwerks for instance, bullet proof sheet metal and fits like a glove right out of the box. Good enough for my quality standards and pocket.

And what JJ does with his life... well, I couldn't care less...

Mimo.

Old 03-22-2010, 02:41 PM
mac1313
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Well my question was more rhetorical than anything. I really wasn't expecting so much negative feedback. Anyways I was just trying to build something a little different.

Old 03-22-2010, 02:48 PM
RocketRocker
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

mac- I agree with your post. Nothing wrong with HD "custom" parts...har! But, them custom parts that are fabricated in one capacity or another with your requirements (whether done or not done before) just kick ***. been waiting on my fender to be done for a month! Killing me softly funny thing is Im waiting on paint! One of the downfalls of not being able to rattle can it. Constructed my own side plate, bag mount/support and sprung seat mount (my idea someone elses metal skills). Makes the addiction more pleasurable when looking at something that came out of your head.

Old 03-22-2010, 02:50 PM
Lundee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Take what ya got and make it fit now that is custom. Maybe build it out to reach the seat like an old flat track bike or somethin. Or take the back off the seat and mold it into the fender.

Old 03-22-2010, 02:54 PM
mac1313
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Lundee
Take what ya got and make it fit now that is custom. Maybe build it out to reach the seat like an old flat track bike or somethin. Or take the back off the seat and mold it into the fender.
Well if my bitch *** knew how to weld then i would try it. I thought about cutting the seat up but I dunno....kinda iffy on it. I dig sprung seats...I dont know if my *** will but they look cool.

Old 03-22-2010, 03:38 PM
micahpop
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Cav Cop
Yep. You have a well modded bike, but no custom stuff...
Well, I was trying to make a smart-***, sarcastic comment but I guess it didn't work...

I don't have a problem with my bike not being custom - no problem at all.

If I had the skills and the tools to fabricate my own ****, I would love to do that. But until then, I'm perfectly satisfied buying cool stuff "off the shelf".

Old 03-22-2010, 04:24 PM
ao2slabaugh
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it does look cool

Quick Reply: What does custom mean to you? My build (PICS)