Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Detachable saddlebags for Heritage Classic

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 08:17 PM
levinale
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

concur, barebacks is a great option, pretty solid since they use the stock lower support. Incidentally, seen a few sets at a local dealer on a 25% off clearance rack for the past couple of months (though don't need one myself as I already bought one last year).

Old 04-19-2010, 08:20 PM
conroskie
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 04-20-2010, 09:34 PM
fc1206
6th Gear

chilock, has anyone answered ur question? I am in similiar circumstance.

Old 04-21-2010, 09:11 AM
Bluehighways
Stellar HDF Member
Received 223 Likes on 158 Posts

Another vote for Barebacks. Easy to install, easy to use and easy on the eyes when the bags are installed or removed.

Old 04-26-2010, 08:32 PM
fc1206
6th Gear

Do any of you guys have the heritage leather tour pack? Does it lock?? U like it??

Also, anyone have the detachable hardware? Is the hardware that places the tour pack directly behind the rider different??

Old 04-27-2010, 04:21 AM
Randeyman
Stage II

Hey folks - I have an 07 Heritage with the standard (factory) bags. Have installed the removable (HD brand) backrest brackets and am interested in the quick removable adaptors as well. So with Edge, EZ, or Ghost brackets, what happens to the stock forward brace that bolts to the frame near the passenger pegs? Does that get removed? Does it stay? If so, how is it quickly detached?

Old 04-27-2010, 08:09 AM
Dustmaker
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JLO
Ditto on the barebacks i used them on my 2000 fattie with heritage bags looks good when on or off( cycle vision sells the barebacks)
I agree JLO....buy the chrome covers at the same time. They look great on and off!

Old 04-28-2010, 04:15 PM
jrr
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Randeyman
Hey folks - I have an 07 Heritage with the standard (factory) bags. Have installed the removable (HD brand) backrest brackets and am interested in the quick removable adaptors as well. So with Edge, EZ, or Ghost brackets, what happens to the stock forward brace that bolts to the frame near the passenger pegs? Does that get removed? Does it stay? If so, how is it quickly detached?
I have the same question. I have a 2010 Heritage but I think that the brackets are the same. They keep the bags off the side of the bike. I would assume that they stay on. I've taken my bags off several times and the brackets are secured with just one nut - a couple of minutes for removing both. Maybe somebody knows for sure...

Last edited by jrr; 04-28-2010 at 04:15 PM. Reason: typo
Old 07-23-2010, 05:01 AM
Mr X
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hardware

Originally Posted by Bluehighways
Another vote for Barebacks. Easy to install, easy to use and easy on the eyes when the bags are installed or removed.
Hi people.
I am new in the forum and I live in Norway. I am interested in this thread because I have a problem with the detachable sollution on my 2002 Heritage Classic.
I can not see any pictures or links to the different sollutions you are mentioning, therefore I would like to explane what my sollution looks like. I apologize if I "over-explain" it:

I have original studded saddle bags on my Heritage classic 2002. The detachable hardware part mounted on the bags are cylinders (tubes) with a button at the end to press inside the bag, and two small metal (bearing) ***** sticking out through the sides of the tube at the other end (bike side) that secures the bags to the hardware mounted on the rear fender. Pushing the buttons inside the bag releases the *****, and the bag can be removed.
On my bike this system is starting to fail because the ***** are getting stuck in the inner (retracted) position, and the pushbutton is therefore not able to come back out. Hence I am not able to secure the bags anymore.
I have unsuccessfully tried to find new ones. As you understand I am only interested in the part that are mounted on the bags, and not the part mounted on the fender. The part on the fender are just a hole in the bolt supporting my detachable sissybar sideplates. This system places the bags close to the bike and they are easy to remove. I of course have to use tools to unscrew the stabilisation bar behind the sound pipes. Maybee there is a smart sollution to this too?

This might be the same system as discussed earier in this thread, but not easy for me to confirme.
Anybody having this system that can point me in the right direction for replacements?

Attached Thumbnails Detachable saddlebags for Heritage Classic-inside-the-bag.jpg  
Old 07-23-2010, 08:17 AM
jrr
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Vander
Right... I've heard about bubbasbrake, but I didn't know if they are good. I've asked about Saddlemen Quick Disconnect because it seems to keep the saddlebag the most original possible, and probably close to the bike too, because it substitutes only the screws. But I'm just wondering, I'd like to confirm that.

Thank you for the bubbasbrake tip. I gonna check it.
I just installed Bubbas - they not only keep the bags closest to the frame, but they also have the shortest profile when the bags are off. Bubba's is hard to reach as their web page does not work 95% of the time. Try 800-953-6930.

PS the instructions that come with the kit are pretty bad, but it is a matter of just replacing bolts.

Quick Reply: Detachable saddlebags for Heritage Classic