Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP!!! Reaching kick-stand on my Heritage!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 06:45 PM
stevieg
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!! Reaching kick-stand on my Heritage!

Being short never bothered me until I got into Harleys. Ok, maybe a little. And, I've become somewhat adept at lowering all the rides I've had: An '02 Sportster and an '07 Streetbob. The dilemma I'm facing on my newly acquired '07 Heritage is reaching the damn kickstand. On the Streetbob I just put an extender and problem solved. On the Heritage, and I guess most Softails and Touring bikes, the kickstand is way more forward. An extension can only go in the front, at least that's what it seems, and would hit the primary when up if put toward the rider. I just bought an Arlen Ness stand that's suppose to install in the 2 holes on the frame toward the back but I had someone hold it there and it seems like a bitch to reach that far back. Man....
The bike's at the shop getting new pipes and some other goodies and a guy about 5'10" sat on it and HE had trouble reaching the stand. I've always thought Heritages were good for short people but, for the life of me, I don't see how someone my size or even a little taller can reach the stand. HELP!!!!

Old 03-17-2010, 06:52 PM
SpicOfTheDevil
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i too suffer from shortness...rear kick stand way easy to operate + looks way cool...just bolt it on and try it without removing the front one, if don't like just remove and replace the plastic plugs...
btw, mine's a 07 nighttrain

Old 03-17-2010, 09:11 PM
FrozenInTime
Tourer
Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

What about a lower seat? I have a signature series and it droped me down quite a bit from stock. And forward a bit. Too low for me, I'm 6'1" and ... slightly... uh... chunky. I might even be willing to sell it when my new mustang gets here in a couple of weeks. Looks new. I think it would fit your bike, it's on an 09 fatboy. Ya could check with a dealer to see if interested. It's comfortable, just not built for me.

Old 03-17-2010, 09:45 PM
Ironbarr
Tourer

Stock wheels?

Old 03-17-2010, 11:24 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Get your stock seat cut down or get a slimmer seat to lower you more. That is the next course of for you. There are tons of different seat manufacturers that makes seats and most any of them will be more comfortable than stock.

Old 03-17-2010, 11:29 PM
sancho_panza
Advanced

The jiffy stand from the Deluxe did the trick for me (I'm short, too). It's got an integral arm that sticks out to the side and makes it easy to reach. I've also got a reach seat, which certainly helps by pushing me forward a bit.

Old 03-18-2010, 04:44 PM
04 Fatboy 67
Tourer

I have a HD reach seat that would do the trick for you. It came on my fatboy, but I am too tall to use it. Let me know if you are interested, I have it posted in the classifieds on here.

Harley Davidson Reach Seat 51470-06A. Reach forward position seats are designed to move riders with shorter inseam closer to the controls and to bring the legs about 1" closer together so that feet rest firmly on the pavement. Fits '00-later FLST, FLSTC and FLSTSC, '00-'06 FLSTF, '00-'05 FX Softail® models (except FXSTD). Also fits FLSTN models with removal of stock luggage rack. Seat width 13.5"; passenger pillion width 10.0".

Attached Thumbnails HELP!!! Reaching kick-stand on my Heritage!-seat.jpg  
Old 03-18-2010, 05:18 PM
keltonkrew
Road Master

my wife is 5' tall. in order for her to reach her kickstand on her heritage, she flips up the left floorboard with her foot, then she can reach it.

Old 03-18-2010, 06:48 PM
fishcop
Road Captain
Default Kickstand

I have the same problem on my Heritage. I can just barely reach it with the toe of my boot. I glued a small piece of rubber to it so that my boot catches it and doesn't slide off. Seems to help some.

Old 03-19-2010, 10:17 PM
Fogoms
Road Captain

Originally Posted by keltonkrew
my wife is 5' tall. in order for her to reach her kickstand on her heritage, she flips up the left floorboard with her foot, then she can reach it.
That's what I do...end of problem. Try the simple stuff first.

Quick Reply: HELP!!! Reaching kick-stand on my Heritage!