Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP!!! Reaching kick-stand on my Heritage!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 12:49 PM
stevieg
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the replies. A guy in the the local dealer service dept told me about flipping up the floorboard. I'm gonna see how the Arlen Ness stand works. As I mentioned, it installs toward the back of the bike and another member pm'd me about it and says it works great. It's almost as far back as the stock one is forward so I'm going to check it out in the next couple of days as the bike is at my local indy who is putting on new pipes, a PC and other goodies. I searched threads on this forum relating to this and I'm surprised there isn't more info about it. As I said, I always thought that Heritages had short riders in mind with the low seat height. I did get a custom seat from C&C, a sponsor on this site located here in SoCal. Chuck and Chuy are great and I ended up getting a fastback that lowers me and moves me forward. I'll post pics after I get my bike back.

Old 03-13-2012, 11:08 AM
OldschoolXL1200N
4th Gear

Great thread I too have been suffering from this problem will definitely try flipping the floor board up first before going to extreme measures of a new stand.

Thanks

Old 03-14-2012, 09:08 AM
stevieg
Road Warrior

Ran across this thread that I started many moons ago. I ended up getting an Arlen Ness kickstand that mounts toward the rear of the bike...like a bicycle. I LOVED it (since sold the bike). It is much more sturdy than the stock stand as it locks in place. I don't need one for my Streetbob but I'd like to have it anyway as I think they look cool. Easier to access for any bike. Very expensive though.