Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It can't be that hard ...

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 04:11 PM
cpiad
Account Closed
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default It can't be that hard ...

I've been to three HD dealerships so far ... Port Chaloote ... Fort Myers and Sarasota ... and none of their "expert" parts guys have been able to solve my problem. I would like to set back my bars just 1 to 1 1/2 measly inches ... that is all I need!!!

I have not been able to find a set of riser to fit a 1 1/4 inch handle bar!!! I have a 2010 Fat Boy Low ... FLSTFB ... I don't want to change out handlebars at this point .. later maybe .... baby apes? ... BUT ... for RIGHT NOW ... I just want to pull the controls back 1 inch or so ...

None of the HD dealers could find anything for me ... and my local MC repair shop isn't interested ... are at least didn't show a lot of interest when I rode by with my Black Beast ....

This can't be such a hard part to find .. but this is the third time I've hit on things made out of unobtainium!!!

Old 03-14-2010, 04:26 PM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

go to Chubby Wild 1 alot of options there.

Old 03-14-2010, 05:21 PM
mike06train
Road Captain

If you think you might change bars later, just do it now. Get what makes you feel most comfortable and be done with it. Why spend money twice?

Old 03-14-2010, 06:03 PM
cpiad
Account Closed

... before I go radically changing geometry ... I ride the bike a while and get a better feel for it ... why spend more than what is needed until I really know what will work best? Anyway ... changing handlebars is not the driving issue ... moving them back an inch is what I'm looking to do ... and the smartest way to do that is to find a set of risers that pull back an inch ... so ... back to the help I asked for ... does anyone know of a set of risers that will give my stock FLSTFB a 1 inch or so pull back?

Old 03-14-2010, 06:06 PM
cpiad
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
go to Chubby Wild 1 alot of options there.
hey hey ... they have what I need! thanks ...

Old 03-14-2010, 06:07 PM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

not a problem. your welcome.

Old 03-14-2010, 06:47 PM
aviator
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm sure you've looked at risers pn 56269-09. they are a set of 4" Curved Risers.

Old 03-14-2010, 09:49 PM
cpiad
Account Closed

Originally Posted by aviator
I'm sure you've looked at risers pn 56269-09. they are a set of 4" Curved Risers.
Sure did ... but the HD parts guys tell me it won't work ... I don't see why not though .. I went back and looked at some pics of it ... they attach from underneath to the triple tree rack ... they accomodate a 1 1/4 inch bar ... I think the parts "kids" messed up on this one ... I'll send a couple od emails to folks selling the HD risers online as ask them point blank wether it'll accomodate a FLSTFB.

Old 03-14-2010, 10:31 PM
DaveFLSTFB
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cpiad
Sure did ... but the HD parts guys tell me it won't work ... I don't see why not though .. I went back and looked at some pics of it ... they attach from underneath to the triple tree rack ... they accomodate a 1 1/4 inch bar ... I think the parts "kids" messed up on this one ... I'll send a couple od emails to folks selling the HD risers online as ask them point blank wether it'll accomodate a FLSTFB.
I'm lucky to have a parts guy around here that will go out of his way to find out if something fits for me. I have been to other dealers that look in the book, and if your model is not listed then it doesn't fit. Perfect example is the HD forward control kit. It says in the parts book (Except FLSTFB). Look at my bike and tell me they don't fit. Also the Strret slammer bars "require" that you change every cable known to man, bullchit! Only one needs to be changed. Sorry to vent or jump on your thread but that drives me nuts.
They probably say no because the turn signals may be too close too the tank with those risers.
Dave

Last edited by DaveFLSTFB; 03-14-2010 at 10:35 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old 03-14-2010, 11:42 PM
myfhfb06
Tourer

Most parts guys don't know a thing outside of what the catalog tells them.

Quick Reply: It can't be that hard ...