Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
2007 Fatboy
40.00%
2007 Deluxe
60.00%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

2007 Deluxe or Fatboy ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 04:27 PM
KY23
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2007 Deluxe or Fatboy ?

Still it all comes down to that back tire. If a fatty 200 back tire is what you want then you have to choose something other than the Deluxe or the Heritage. Its just not cost effective to buy a Deluxe and then add the fat back tire. You can change the bars, seat, suspension height and lots of other things for the same cost to get the wider swingarm, wheel, tire and everything else required to increase the width of the back tire.

So your first question is do you want the wide back tire or is that not a big part of the decision? If you want the wide back tire fat boy...if you don't care about the back tire then look at the Deluxe or Heritage.

If I had to choose between an 07 fatboy and an 07 deluxe it would be the deluxe hands down...but thats because I don't really like the 200 rear tire. I actually just made my decision a few months ago and went with the Heritage Classic.

Old 08-01-2006, 04:53 PM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Fatboy is a seller to some just on name alone, if you want cruisability and comfort and are not looking for a distance bike right from the showroom floor, then the Deluxe is the choice. I sat on the Fatboy and it was not nearly as comfortable as the Deluxe, as they sit bone stock. Granted Harley, Corbin, and Mustang have the seat to make it more comfortable, and you would also need a new set of bars for any distance traveling. The choice is simple, decide what you are mainly going to use the bike for and go with the one best suited for the purpose. I bought a Deluxe because I am into short-semi long distance rides, and the Deluxe has a very comfortable riding position as it sits. Throw a set of bags on it and go traveling. Take em off and cruise the strip. They're all the best, most loved bikes on the road, so your choice will not dissapoint you, especially when your needs change later and you need to sell. There is a line of people waiting to buy your bike when you're ready to upgrade. That's what is so great about America......Freedom of choice!!!! Good luck to you-

Old 08-02-2006, 06:22 PM
loader
Cruiser

Tuff, Tuff crowd here -
I do Love the 200mm Tire and when I do the engine upgrades the more rubber the better!

Heya Babs,
There are a few ways to "lower" the bike. You can get about 1" lower with a bolt in kit or shorter shock replacement in the rear and short springs in the front. Ultimately I would install an Air ride kit to get various heights and looks of course.

You guys are right, Drags won't go with the nostalgia look but might with some billet blade rims... Nahhh

All this coming from a 2006 1200 Sportster Custom with $4k into upgrades.. I think either bike would be a huge upgrade in ride quality. But, I want the bigger bike with the same off the line punch as the sportser. FAST!

Old 08-02-2006, 07:14 PM
teshore
Road Master

i personally think drag bars would look pretty good on the deluxe, you can have nostalgic look but with a touch of street rod...

i dont have drag bars but i have knuckle bars on mine...

[IMG]local://upfiles/13949/F895DDAFFBCD4A0CA50FE02141D74E38.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-02-2006, 07:21 PM
loader
Cruiser

Teshore I gotta say again, You got one sweet Deeluxe! What do you think of the tribal flame paint?

Old 08-02-2006, 07:28 PM
teshore
Road Master

i like the tribal flame, i really like the colors they went with, im not usually that big into the color choices they come up with for the custom paint section, but they did a really good job with it, also with that paint, it still looks nostalgic but gives it some new school edge, thats why i think drag bars would look just fine!!

Old 08-03-2006, 01:10 PM
4dtough
6th Gear

I just bought an 07 Deluxe & I love it!

Old 08-03-2006, 06:29 PM
Winberry Farms
Tourer

Man .... I just had the same decision to make...Went with Deluxe.... So far so good.

Old 08-05-2006, 02:15 AM
wildman67
Extreme HDF Member

FATBOY!! NO ?

Old 08-05-2006, 08:20 PM
sfcmo357
Road Warrior
Received 152 Likes on 60 Posts

I like both----chose the deluxe of course; but I absolutely hate the solid wheels. I do like the fat rear tire and if that's what I like the most---I'd go fatty because that would be one expensive mod to the deluxe....as far as the drag bars---------I've seen mods that some say aren't retro that look darn good. They're not "retro" mods----but they look good....Teshore's mods aren't retro in my opinion but he has a hot bike that stands out. I think the drag bars would look fine on the deluxe-----

Quick Reply: 2007 Deluxe or Fatboy ?