Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HarleyGoodies Floorboard Extension Review Thread For Softails.

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 05:26 PM
luvtoride
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tom,

Thanks for the great product, My floorboards are where they should have been set from the factory. Really a great idea, I hope you continue to prosper.

Old 09-25-2010, 06:42 PM
NY_Ken
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up A Super Product!

I won the HarleyGoodies Floorboard Extensions for my 2010 Deluxe. I got the email Monday morning that Tom was going to ship them out from CA. I am in NY and got them Thursday morning and couldn’t wait to put them on that night. The extensions are highly polished, the bolts are exact fit. Two bolts are 1/8th of an inch shorter than the others. I mention this as most companies would just ship four of the same size and not worry about one sticking out a little more. Yes, the devil can be in the details! The packaging and instructions were well done and easy to follow. Total time to install was less than 30 minutes.

I can’t believe how much better they feel. No more hitting the air filter housing like with the stock boards, my right foot is farther away from the exhaust header and it feels more natural. It gives me more room on the boards for my feet to be away from the controls. The best part is my pants leg doesn’t get caught on the heel shifter anymore when I put my foot down at a stop. I was ready to take the heel shifter off even though I enjoy using it from time to time. Now I don’t have to. Someone mentioned the “jiffy stand” was harder to reach, I don’t feel it’s harder, I just can’t see it all and I grab it with my toe anyway. I can honestly say I would get a new set for my next bike as well.

Thank you very much Tom for neat contest and a GREAT prize. You and HarleyGoodies are a First Class Company with a superb product.

Ken in NY

Old 09-28-2010, 04:24 PM
Arv
Road Captain

Originally Posted by HarleyGoodies
Hi Dutch,
Sure... I make'em. I would guess that you'll want them in black?
I can do black as well. Just give me a couple of days for prep and powder.
Let me know, or you can order from the discount site (www.harleygoodies.com/hdf) and specify in the notes that you want black. You might also want to promply follow up with an e-mail to sales@harleygoodies.com
When ever you're ready.
Tom
HarleyGoodies
626-253-2022
Hi Tom
I have a 2010 Fatboy and would like them in Black also please, how much more will i need to pay.
ps im in UK so there is a $12 shipping fee, is that correct

Arv

Old 09-28-2010, 05:01 PM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,951 Likes on 1,935 Posts

Originally Posted by Arv
Hi Tom
I have a 2010 Fatboy and would like them in Black also please, how much more will i need to pay.
ps im in UK so there is a $12 shipping fee, is that correct

Arv
I'm right in the middle of doing a run specifically for powder where before I would sand blast and powder coat a polished part. This time I'm going from production to blast to powder. I'm even tumbling the washers before I black zinc plate them. Please check with me next Friday.
Thanks,
Tom
HarleyGoodies
626-253-2022

Old 09-30-2010, 12:11 PM
PFWiz
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 387 Likes on 231 Posts
Thumbs up

First of all, I WON! I WON! Well about 6 weeks ago I won the contest. Sorry it took me so long to get around to posting a review but I have been working some wicked overtime

1) Installation - First let me say you should always read the instructions rather than just looking at the picture (How tough could it be?). The installation is actually quite simple, but it is easy to install the spacers backwards (don't ask me how I know this...) and if you install the spacers backwards it is only natural to install the the plastic washers on the wrong side (don't ask me about this one either...) Anyway if you you should by any chance actually read the instructions, installation is pretty simple and straight forward. About 10 minutes each, taking your time.
2) Looks - At first I was worried the would look funny, sticking out from the bike, but now I don't even notice them. They look natural to me.
3) Road Test - My hips love these things! As man of stout (Ahem) build and short legs I have always had trouble with normal HD floor boards. I had to make an effort to hold my legs in tight and it was none too comfortable. Now that it is a thing of the past. My riding position feels far more natural, not to mention comfortable and that my friends is a very good thing.
The closest thing to a negative I can up with is that I now scrape the floor boards slightly more often, but only slightly. (I don't ride all that aggressively.)
If I was smart (which no one has accused me of lately) I would have bought these things myself when I got the bike.

Last edited by PFWiz; 09-30-2010 at 12:13 PM.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:34 PM
Arv
Road Captain

Originally Posted by HarleyGoodies
I'm right in the middle of doing a run specifically for powder where before I would sand blast and powder coat a polished part. This time I'm going from production to blast to powder. I'm even tumbling the washers before I black zinc plate them. Please check with me next Friday.
Thanks,
Tom
HarleyGoodies
626-253-2022
Cheers Tom, look forward to it.

Old 09-30-2010, 12:46 PM
Arv
Road Captain

Just a thought..

Last edited by Arv; 10-26-2010 at 10:33 AM.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:40 PM
TheMo
Cruiser

Easy to install and make a huge difference in comfort. Thanks for making these available and at a discount to boot.

Old 10-18-2010, 07:59 PM
Fireman1501
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW!!!! Emailed the WINNER email Saturday and got an email back saturday night saying he had recieved my email. Well I was exspecting the product to come in around Wednesday or Thursday but when I opened my mail box TODAY it had already arrived.. So guess I had to turn some wrenches and go for a ride. Man I wish I would have gotten these when I bought the bike. So easy to install and only took about 15 mins to be back on the road. Thanks guys for a great product for our hobby. Here is some before and after pictures.

Old 10-23-2010, 10:47 PM
bcortani
Novice

getting these soon I hope, looks great and reviews are awesome.

Quick Reply: HarleyGoodies Floorboard Extension Review Thread For Softails.