Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HarleyGoodies Floorboard Extension Review Thread For Softails.

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 04:38 AM
03hdfatboy
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love mine

Old 07-08-2010, 09:14 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Okay, time for me to respond here as well. I have run Harley Goodies floorboard extensions on my ride for nearly 3 years. They arrived in one day ( I live close)and were a breeze to put on. the instructions were extremely detailed and offered a quick and full version for people to use.

I could never imagine riding without these. They increase my comfort ad infinitum. Everyone I know who runs them love them as well. I forgot to mention I had to call Tom for something and he answered the phone late at night and answered all my questions on the spot.

He is a pleasure to do business with and is the standard of quality customer service as well. Hats off and a big thank you to Harley Goodies!

Drew

Old 07-09-2010, 11:16 AM
Phantomryder
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I purchased a set for my Street Glide and my wife's Heritage. i find them to be comfortable and i actually don't need pegs on my engine guard. It allows me to stretch out more and and also i don't have to hug the air cleaner with my leg. My wife is having difficulty getting to her side stand so i might install an extension for her. We both love them....

Old 07-09-2010, 11:18 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Your wife must have a cross bones or deluxe with the side stand issue. Get a regular length softail stand and that will no longer be an issue.

Drew

Old 07-09-2010, 01:14 PM
klf33
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

I have just installed this kit from Custom Chrome

I did not need to use the Arms, here is my initial take in couple of hours.

Ups :
Super Comfortable, once you get used to it.
Installation was 20 minutes super simple.
No need to use the extension arms, fits perfectly fine with my controls.
Clears the fron the brakes and shifting is fine.

Downs :
Gotta get used to the look , but the Ovals are cool.
I may lose some ground clearence while cornering it is a bit out of my original pegs.
It does not 'fold' easily like other pegs.

Photos shortly

Old 07-10-2010, 02:58 PM
dh4hawaii
6th Gear

Gotta say thanks i got mine last weekend put them on my fatboy lo,super easy install and many more foot positions makes the ride so much more comfortable.

Old 07-12-2010, 02:40 AM
Daddy-O
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got a pair for Father's Day. Initially my wife ordered but forgot to mention hdforums. She sent an email and they gave her the discount.

I installed them on my Fat Boy the day I got them. Took about 20-30 minutes and I do these things pretty slow.

Went for a ride and was really pleased with the new feel. My Kuryakyn Hi-Five A/C really sticks out. I use to have to keep my right foot half off my floorboard but now my leg is comfortably around it and on the floorboard. Plus, I'm tall and these just give me a more comfortable riding position in general.

Old 07-13-2010, 07:39 PM
fcsallan
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile HarleyGoodies extensions are a must

I ordered mine on Monday and had them on Friday. Not bad clear across the country.

I took about 20 minutes to install them since I had a bit of surface rust under the boards and wanted to take some time with a brass wheel and some extend rust treatment to stop that right there.

Simple install, great instructions and WAY MORE COMFORTABLE POSITION for riding. I moved my highway pegs down a bit on my front bars and leave my heels on the floorboards and toes on the highway pegs. Nice and comfortable and I don't have to search when I pull my feet back to the boards to get to the controls, just a nice easy slide back onto the boards and back on the controls.

If there is a negative, it would be that the stock shifter pegs are a bit short now. I will use it as yet another opportunity to customize the scoot with a couple of hours on the lathe with some billet stock. New longer pegs should make this one of the best, first, mods I've ever made on any of my rides.

I still may move my boards and controls a bit more forward, but for now, this has made a huge improvement. Thanks again HarleyGoodies. Well Done.

Old 07-16-2010, 10:41 AM
lkehopat
Stage III
Default Thanks

I installed the extensions on my 2000 Heritage. Great product!! Had them in a few days and are easy to install. Thanks!!

Old 07-24-2010, 03:46 PM
CasaWolves
Road Warrior
Received 342 Likes on 146 Posts

I ordered on a Friday night and had them on Monday afternoon. Quick emails, invoice emailed and the item is wonderful. I tried to win for about a month, but couldn't wait anymore, seems like someone was posting the greatness of the product every week....so I ordered mine. I'll keep trying to win a pair so I can give to someone. I had knee surgery last year and after a few hours of riding, the knee was a bit stiff. The extensions made my knees feel comfortable and pain free. The vendor is great, the price is very reasonable, instructions are clear and its simple to install. Thanks Harley Goodies!

Quick Reply: HarleyGoodies Floorboard Extension Review Thread For Softails.