Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HarleyGoodies Floorboard Extension Review Thread For Softails.

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 12:15 PM
hawaiian
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Mod yet

Thanks first to this Forum for the info that is shared. And now i get to enjoy my Fatboy even more then i did before. Tom was great to work with,living in Hawaii shipping prices are expensive and it usually takes awhile to get here,but it got here quick. Thanks Tom for great business and Product. Kevin

Old 11-20-2011, 09:41 AM
Rebelrocker
1st Gear
Default Got to get a set of these!!

I have been reading all the post on here, and never knew that this was an available option for people like me, I am 6'6, and riding a 1997 heritage classic, and leg room is a big issue. The man that came up with this design deserves a medal in my opinion, and just as soon as I can come up with the money, I'm going to put these little gems on my scooter. Sorry I don't know your name but here's to ya !!!

Old 12-19-2011, 11:05 PM
NC D'LUXE
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just ordered these Friday night and received them today (Monday), all the way from Cali to NC!! Fastest I've received any bike parts so far. Item was very nice quality with easy to understand instruction which really aren't needed other than for just making sure your using the right bracket and bolts etc. Took a total of about 15 minutes to install. Little late for a ride tonight but I can't wait to try these out.

And thanks for the free gift, I almost didn't see it in the package!

Old 12-20-2011, 09:17 AM
ozarksoutlaw
Advanced

I put these on my Deluxe a couple years ago, so far the best thing I have ever done for the bike!!!!!

Old 02-26-2012, 08:54 AM
ArgusDave
Advanced

Ok I have an 09 Heritage and at times I have ground a little floorboard which scaries the out of me. Will theses extenders make it worst?

Old 03-28-2012, 08:52 PM
rsarno
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i also ordered them and will be putting them on my 04 heritage classic this coming weekend.

I am nervous about scraping, i currently do not scrape at all but i know my bike is low to begin with. I began reading this thread but i just cant go through 20pgs of "ordered mine!" posts.

and now that i type that i realize im doing the same thing and posting an "Ordered mine!" post which isnt helpful to anyone lol haha

Old 03-29-2012, 06:43 AM
klf33
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by rsarno
i also ordered them and will be putting them on my 04 heritage classic this coming weekend.

I am nervous about scraping, i currently do not scrape at all but i know my bike is low to begin with. I began reading this thread but i just cant go through 20pgs of "ordered mine!" posts.

and now that i type that i realize im doing the same thing and posting an "Ordered mine!" post which isnt helpful to anyone lol haha
Scraping boards will Increase, I used to scrape before and scrape more after, it is actually a GOOD THING if you ask me, scraping boards let me know when to sorta relax before I hit 'hard parts' , hitting hard parts and a pump on a corner is a scary experience (hitting hard parts without pumps is very much fun).

So I like scraping it is like 'how far you can go feeling' and I like to fold the boards while cornering as they scrape.

check out mine (with Harley Goodies and scraped really well )

My bike is lowered 2" back and 2" front (note, dropping the front made me scrape less).

You can see my right floorboards back is all scraped and nice LOL

Old 03-30-2012, 09:18 PM
MBLOLYFE
Cruiser

Love my floorboards now that I put the Harley Goodies extensions on them! Super comfortable and no more hip flexor cramping!!

Old 05-07-2012, 09:29 AM
lotjam57
6th Gear

Received my Friday and installed that night. Went on 220 mile ride in 90 degree temp. One thing the riding postion was more comfortable and with my legs being further out the heat from the heat was not as uncomfortable as before the extensions. Just wish I had the option to choose black. Will probably have them powdercoated this winter.

Old 05-07-2012, 11:28 AM
terryrh
Elite HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

I finally installed mine and it does have its ups and downs. The only real downside is that I scrape a lot now. I like to lean. They get in the way a bit now when backing up. Everything else is good! Easy to install. Did it in ~30 mins outside at dusk. Much more comfortable. Never thought that little movement would make such a big difference. Even with my big air cleaner I'm nowhere near it and like said in the previous post better airflow.

You have to give to get right??

Quick Reply: HarleyGoodies Floorboard Extension Review Thread For Softails.