Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HarleyGoodies Floorboard Extension Review Thread For Softails.

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 11:59 AM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,951 Likes on 1,935 Posts

Originally Posted by F34R
Thank you very much Tom. I appreciate the reply and the service.

Its been a few days and I haven't heard back from you. Are you still looking to do the exchange? Please let me know.
Thanks,
Tom@HarleyGoodies.com

Old 08-31-2011, 03:20 PM
Vanman
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Product

Well I have had the extenders on for a week now and love them. Finally my right foot is on the floorboard and not hanging off of the edge. Also I was very please with the product with regards to fit and finish. Very impressive product. Well thought out, and the manufacturing is exceptional. If the product wasn't on my bike I would take some closeups and post so that everyone could see how well they are manufactured, and the quality of the pieces. There is noway I could make these up for the price. I must admit that I was sceptical about these until I removed them from the package and inspected them up close. I was a little worried about scraping the floorboards on the corners but so far so good. I don't drive this bike like a rice rocket so I expect they will be fine.

Great product! Don't wait to win a set buy them and be happy.

Keep up the good work Tom.

Old 09-03-2011, 08:19 PM
Faceless
Cruiser

Actually won a set this last week!!!!!!
Thanks to Tom for giving us a chance to win this excellent product.
These extentions absoultely kick ***!!!!
After riding my sporty with forward controls I've had nothing but trouble
getting used to the floorboards on my Deluxe.
Just seemed like I could never get comfortable & my feet were always on
the edge ready to fall of.
After a quick simple install I road my bike up a curvey 2 lane h'way.
The differance is amazing, my feet are finally comfortable & feel like
their in the right spot on the floorboards. Also rode the curvey road at
same speeds I always have & never scraped the floorboards once.
Highly recomend this product to anybody with floorboards as they provide
a much more confortable & natural riding position.

Old 09-05-2011, 11:38 AM
studiopeg
Road Warrior
Received 63 Likes on 18 Posts

Does anyone have the instructions for the 2008 Softail extenders? I had them taken off and need to put them back on, don't have the instructions anymore Thanks......

Old 09-09-2011, 03:13 PM
pottsy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered the extenders a few days ago, and they arrived yesterday, so first off, thanks for the quick shipping. The install was very quick and simple, Gotta love a well thought out part and design. I haven't had a chance to ride with them yet, but will be doing so tomorrow, so I will edit this witha riding review later. I can say that sitting on the bike, I love the difference it makes in my right leg clearing my aftermarket air cleaner, so major kudos there.

Ride review: Amazing difference. My leg not hitting the air cleaner is perfect, and the riding position, while a subtle change is a major improvement. I did drag the floorboards a little easier, but whatever, it's easy to compensate for that. I'm looking forward to having them on my upcoming 2200 mile road trip later this month.

Last edited by pottsy; 09-11-2011 at 11:35 AM.
Old 09-17-2011, 01:22 PM
TxCowboy
Road Captain

UPDATE: Received an email from Tom. The 2000-2010 Softtail kit still works on the 2011 and 2012 models (FLSTC).

Tom, order sent!

Hey, Tom. Just picked up my 2012 Softtail Classic with the 103 yesterday. I already knew that the first mod I want to make is to add your footboard extenders. Have 'em on the 2010 FLHTK bagger so I know from experience that it improves the ride.

Unfortunately, I don't see any FLSTC extendors younger than 2010. Part number 0009FLST-EXT-HDF seems to be the lastest item for Softtails.

Is the kit compatible with the 2012 Softtail Classic?

Last edited by TxCowboy; 09-18-2011 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Received updated info from Tom @ HarleyGoodies
Old 09-23-2011, 05:59 PM
Bocifus
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

After reading a few reviews, I knew I needed these. So Tom, I just ordered a set for my 2006 Deluxe. Now I can't wait to get them.... man it's been like 5 minutes, seems like forever, lol.

Old 09-27-2011, 12:47 PM
Bocifus
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got home from work and had a package waiting...now that's real quick shipping handling. I'll take some before and after pic of the install for a Deluxe. Looking forward to the added usable floorboard space.

Old 09-27-2011, 03:52 PM
theshotman
Stage III
Default Floorboard Extensions

I have a 2008 Heritage and even though am not too tall, 5'11", my feet were always hanging off the outside edge. Took me about 30 minutes to install and they have made a world of difference and I don't feel like my knees are constantly hugging the tank. Great product!

Old 11-01-2011, 01:38 PM
wouldie59
Intermediate
Default Absolute Perfection

Holy Crap! What a difference! These extensions place your feet, knees, and thighs exactly where they should be, in more of a natural stitting position that doesn't require muscle tension. I was afraid they would reduce my lean angle, and they probably do to some extent, but I've yet to have a scrape. And, no more knee contact with the air cleaner. Excellent results, and installation took < 30 minutes. A great investment I would recommend to anyone.

Quick Reply: HarleyGoodies Floorboard Extension Review Thread For Softails.