Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HarleyGoodies Floorboard Extension Review Thread For Softails.

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 09:40 AM
Rhetor
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Out them on last week . . . love them . . . but created a problem . . . with my shorter legs . . .

I can't hardly get the kickstand up now with my toe . . . stopped for gas . . . got back on . . . burned my upper inner leg (not bad, but bd enough) on the pipe trying to dig and contort my toe end around the now extended floor to catch the jiffy stand to put it up . . . (I am too round to lean down and put it up by hand.)

Does anybody know of a jiffy stand extension that will really work with floorboard extensions for people with short legs? (And will look right and not rub the pipes or frame when in the up position riding.)

I am looking for someone who has added the harleygoodies floorboard extensions and has added a jiffy stand extension on a touring bike . . . no guessing what would work, but what is really working now for someone.

Thanks

Old 07-05-2011, 01:28 PM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,951 Likes on 1,935 Posts

Originally Posted by Rhetor
Out them on last week . . . love them . . . but created a problem . . . with my shorter legs . . .

I can't hardly get the kickstand up now with my toe . . . stopped for gas . . . got back on . . . burned my upper inner leg (not bad, but bd enough) on the pipe trying to dig and contort my toe end around the now extended floor to catch the jiffy stand to put it up . . . (I am too round to lean down and put it up by hand.)

Does anybody know of a jiffy stand extension that will really work with floorboard extensions for people with short legs? (And will look right and not rub the pipes or frame when in the up position riding.)

I am looking for someone who has added the harleygoodies floorboard extensions and has added a jiffy stand extension on a touring bike . . . no guessing what would work, but what is really working now for someone.

Thanks
Sorry for the trouble but this should work... if it doesn't please let me know. Tom 626-253-2022
http://www.pingelonline.com/pingel_s..._extension.htm

Old 07-06-2011, 12:04 PM
Rhetor
Cruiser

Originally Posted by HarleyGoodies
Sorry for the trouble but this should work... if it doesn't please let me know. Tom 626-253-2022
http://www.pingelonline.com/pingel_s..._extension.htm
Thanks, Tom . . . love the floorboard extensions . . . just my short legs I am not too fond of! :-)

I will check that part out. Do you know of specific persons who have used it with your extensions?

Old 07-15-2011, 08:45 PM
DesertRide
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered online, received them faster than I thought USPS could accomplish. Installed that night on 09 FLSTC. Initial thought while installing was is shifting or braking going to feel different but nope.

Only had a chance to ride around 25 mi to/from work a couple days ago (damn MN weather) but I was playing with foot positions. The floor boards are MUCH more versatile where the feet can go. 5'10" but leggy 33" inseam.

Thanks much Goodies

Old 07-18-2011, 12:10 AM
matwal84
Advanced
Default Worth the Investment

These are worth every penny you spend on these. I have them installed on my FLSTN. They make a huge difference in riding position and comfort. Amazing what a minor adjustment will do for comfort.

Old 07-23-2011, 08:03 PM
patharley
Tourer

Got them and love them.. the only problems is when I turn I touch the ground many times.

Old 07-29-2011, 02:58 PM
kodiak
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I got these 2 years ago and love them. I used to get a cramp in my upper thigh on longer rides, but no more. I rode a friends Heritage the other day for approximately an hour and could not get comfortable on the boards. Great product.

Old 08-03-2011, 07:45 PM
Drbill219
Stage II

Will these fit my 2011 FLSTC Heritage Classic? And do you have a brake extender also?

Drbill

Old 08-09-2011, 01:35 AM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,951 Likes on 1,935 Posts

Originally Posted by Drbill219
Will these fit my 2011 FLSTC Heritage Classic? And do you have a brake extender also?

Drbill
no need to extend brake or shift levers...

Old 08-09-2011, 04:25 AM
kanelakos
Road Master
Received 43 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by HarleyGoodies
no need to extend brake or shift levers...
I did flip my heal and toe shifter around (toe toward outside now). Feels better for me.

Quick Reply: HarleyGoodies Floorboard Extension Review Thread For Softails.