Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

first post, motivated by bad products

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 10:18 AM
BaconBFMC67
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default first post, motivated by bad products

I have been reading this forum for years but this is my first post.
I am waiting for PhatPerformanceParts to open up so I can complain about the Vance & Hines Pro-Pipe that I received from them this week not having black flanges.
I'm installing them on my 2008 Cross Bones. You have to re-use your old exhaust flanges to bolt them to the heads. That's going to look bad on black pipes.
This is the second time in as many months that I have received an expensive product from CA that I wasn’t happy with. Last month Corbin f..ked me on a seat. I even called them before I ordered to find out for sure if it was leather. The sales man said, “yes it is all leather.” So wasn’t I surprised when it came in and didn’t have any leather.
800 dollar Corbin seat, junk.
600 dollar V&H pipes, junk.
Both from CA, yes.
What is going on out there?

Last edited by BaconBFMC67; 03-11-2010 at 10:41 AM.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:50 AM
micahpop
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

First, welcome to the forum.

Second, have you removed your stock pipes? The exhaust flanges are on there and not "missing" from the new pipes.
The flanges are a separate piece - remove the retaining clip and they will come off your stock pipes.

Third, maybe the Corbin salesman meant faux leather? Sorry, got nothing for you on this one.

Lastly, yes, KA has its share of problems but I don't think crappy manufacturing is one of them...

Old 03-11-2010, 10:54 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

I have only bought one set of pipes that ever came with new flanges and that was from Hooker who no longer makes mc exhaust. It is common practice to take the flanges and circlips off the old exhaust and put them on the new. You could always hit them with some black paint. This in no way affects the quality of an exhaust system. It is unfortunate that you are unhappy. I have never dealt with Corbin so I cannot help with that. Vance and Hines exhaust is a great product any way you toss it.

Old 03-12-2010, 06:46 AM
tk353
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

dito here, i was shocked to see v&h did not come with flange as i bought hookers first and they had flanges. the stock flanges are not chrome so you can header heat paint them black. have only had mustang seats and they look leather but are vinyl. a lot easier to take care of.

Old 03-12-2010, 06:51 AM
Bugsplat
Road Captain

If you call V&H direct they will express mail them to you (even if you did not buy them direct from V&H) - they are great to work with.

Sorry about the seat, that sucks.

Old 03-12-2010, 08:44 AM
Willie D
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up V&H

Originally Posted by Bugsplat
If you call V&H direct they will express mail them to you (even if you did not buy them direct from V&H) - they are great to work with.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I agree, never had a problem with there products. I have always used the stock flanges . . . . .
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~:icon_deal :
Scott Takata
Technical Support

Tel: 562.921.7461
Tel: 800.592.2529
Fax: 562.802.0110

stakata@vanceandhines.com
http://www.vanceandhines.com

Vance & Hines Performance
13861 Rosecrans Avenue, Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670-5207

Old 03-12-2010, 08:53 AM
hotrod351
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

agree, id email, or call, V&H and talk to them about expecting the flanges, they will, depending on who you contact, send you a set for free. as for the seat, i dont know why you cant send it back, after all the person you talked to told you it was leather. if there any kind of reputably company id think they would want to keep you happy, if not id contact corbin. if corbin doesnt care then id be telling every one how corbin doesnt stand behind thee product, which seems to be a pretty common practice today, buy something that rated high then if theres a problem they pretty much tell to bad. thats why i feel that you really cant tell how good a company is until you have a problem with them and see how they handle it.

Old 03-12-2010, 03:50 PM
Chaw
4th Gear

I couldn't agree more with you about Corbin. I had almost the same experience with them that you had. I recieved a $650 seat not covered with the material I was told it would be covered with. When I called and told them I wanted to exchange it or send it back they said, "we can't take it back, it's a custom seat." They said they quit covering with the material I ordered and changed to a new material. Well, its my bike seat, I don't want a company deciding what my seats gonna be covered in. So now I have a $650 seat in the corner of my garage.

BTW, it was supposed to be a black leater softail seat. Nothing really difficult about that I wouldn't think.

Last edited by Chaw; 03-12-2010 at 03:50 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-12-2010, 04:34 PM
aviator
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BaconBFMC67
I have been reading this forum for years but this is my first post.
how can you read here for years and not post at least a couple of times? I guess you never had any opinions.......

anyway, I got nothing for your "problems" - except I doubt the whole state of California is out to get you.

Old 03-12-2010, 05:45 PM
mke125125
Road Captain
Unhappy

Originally Posted by aviator
how can you read here for years and not post at least a couple of times? I guess you never had any opinions.......

anyway, I got nothing for your "problems" - except I doubt the whole state of California is out to get you.
nope,they are definately after him.

Quick Reply: first post, motivated by bad products