Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softail Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 09:22 AM
DustinM
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Softail Question

Hey guys, I'm new to these Forums and have a quick question. I've been riding my old man's Heritage Softail for a couple years now, and am finally able to buy my own. I really like his Heritage, but I also really like the look of the Standard. My wife likes to go riding with me on "short" rides of a couple hr round trip. My question is, if I opt to get the Standard, will it be as comfortable a ride as the Heritage? She only rides with me about 25% of the time, and I like the look of the Standard so that's what I'm leaning towards. Any pros/cons with either of these?

Thanks
Dustin

Old 03-11-2010, 09:49 AM
Kojax
Grand HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 96 Posts
Smile

Road king for two people

Old 03-11-2010, 09:54 AM
honkylips
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shell be just fine on a standard. A RK may be more comfy, but that doesn't make a softail standard uncomfortable by any stretch. Get the bike you like, you'll be fine.

Old 03-11-2010, 10:08 AM
Dustinss
Stage I

Thanks for the info guys. I like the RK as well, but think for my first bike I'm gonna get the Standard. Thanks!

Old 03-11-2010, 10:25 AM
Shovelhead Jack
Banned

Originally Posted by KOJAX
Road king for two people

Fugg Road Kings; stupid half assed bikes. They're a bagger with none of the cool ****.

Old 03-11-2010, 10:44 AM
jefnightrain
Tourer
Talking

Come on shovelhead, stop holding back & give us your opiniun

Old 03-11-2010, 10:48 AM
cryan9
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Shovelhead Jack
Fugg Road Kings; stupid half assed bikes. They're a bagger with none of the cool ****.
That's your opinion and you know what opinions are like and everybody has one. I had a Road King and loved it. I just wanted something different. As you can see from the pictures of it in my album it was far from being half a$$ed.

Old 03-11-2010, 11:08 AM
Shovelhead Jack
Banned

They are a Street or Road Glide with no fairing. Don't see the point. The only reason I'd want a bagger is for the stereo and fairing to keep the wind offa me. A Road King defeats the purpose of a bagger IMHO. But who gives a fugg what I think. If you like it fuggin' ride it. I still think they are stupid and a waste, I don't care how much chrome you slap on it.

I'll take a Heritage Softie over a rubber mounted slush bucket half finished bagger any day.

Old 03-11-2010, 11:21 AM
fallenspringer
Cruiser

Personally i would go with a standard, just find a comfortable seat. If all you are doing is blasting around town for a couple of hours road king might be a little more bike than what you would need. But if you plan on taking a really long trip road kings are nice. I've never seen a road king stripped down though might look kinda cool with out all the travel schlitz.

Old 03-11-2010, 11:40 AM
cryan9
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Shovelhead Jack
They are a Street or Road Glide with no fairing. Don't see the point. The only reason I'd want a bagger is for the stereo and fairing to keep the wind offa me. A Road King defeats the purpose of a bagger IMHO. But who gives a fugg what I think. If you like it fuggin' ride it. I still think they are stupid and a waste, I don't care how much chrome you slap on it.

I'll take a Heritage Softie over a rubber mounted slush bucket half finished bagger any day.
When I bought it, that is why I bought it. I didn't want a fairing. I wanted a bagger that I could put apes on and not have a windshield or a fairing in front of me. But hey you are entitled to your opinion. I respect it but there are guys out there that aren't a big fan of the fairing. If I wanted to listen to tunes, that is what my Ipod was for. I actually debated between the Road King and the Street Glide but I did not like the fact that you could not take the fairing off whenever you wanted to. So that was when I made the decision on the Road King and sometimes I miss it. But hey it found a new home within a week after I traded it in. I just hope it's new rider is taking care of it.

Quick Reply: Softail Question