Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

opinions on cam upgrade for '02 tc88

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 09:29 PM
o/d
Tourer
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by grimm
i installed the Andrews H55 cams along with SE adjustable pushrods and an S&S gear drive kit. my big *** adds about 200 pounds unsprung weight and before these upgrades performance was sluggish at best. now, i have no trouble keeping pace with others. these upgrades on a 2-wheeler would be outstanding. good luck with whatever you decide.

grimm
from what i'm seeing, it looks like too much cam for me. keep in mind i'm only getting my info from ebay adds. i very well may be wrong. appreciate your reply. the ones i'm seeing are for a roller chain. gear drive may be too much to ask out of me mechanically & $ wise unfortunately... cool sig picture

Old 03-11-2010, 02:20 AM
kiwideuce
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

im getting mine done in the next week or so!! going to 95ci with andrews 26!! cant wait

Old 03-11-2010, 02:57 AM
hpfatboy
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by RHillbilly
I like the Woods cams awesome sound and hp
+1 dude, not to mention the GREAT TORQUE! The WOODS TW6-g a 510 lift bolt in cam. Also works awesome should you go to a 95" build down the road!!!

Old 03-11-2010, 03:52 AM
roadkingharry
Road Captain
Received 50 Likes on 22 Posts

Here's a link for the bearings :
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Harle...item48399971f0

You could email this guy at Andrews: GWallace@andrewsproducts.com to verify your cam selection. Good luck.

Old 03-11-2010, 08:21 AM
o/d
Tourer

thanks for all the replies everbody!thanks for the link for the bearings harry. i just ordered a set. at least now i got a start on getting the parts i need. thanks for the andrews email too.i still got to make up my mind on the cams.i bought the oe parts manual from my dealer so i could get all the part numbers i need. does anyone know what is included in the cam install kit? trying to determine what individual parts i won't need if i get the kit.fwiw, the 1st pic in my 1st post shows what i used to take the tension off the tensioners. slot cut in a pipe with 3/4" I.D.. saved me from buying the tool anyway...

Old 03-11-2010, 08:41 AM
BigAlsRK
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dropped Andrews 26a in mine....noticeable improvement

Old 03-11-2010, 09:08 AM
mike06train
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went Andrews 50. They were recommended by the indy shop. They are bolt in cams so all stock parts work fine. Big gains in power across the wole RPM range.
Check out www.nightrain.com they have info on just about every cam on the market.

Old 03-11-2010, 09:30 AM
mvan52
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 510s&s

I'm running the 510s&s in my 04 fat boy,I love em'. Puttin a set in my 09' cross bones this week. They run strong, give me the torque I need when I need it. We'll see what they do in the 96".

Old 03-11-2010, 10:00 AM
grimm
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by o/d
from what i'm seeing, it looks like too much cam for me. keep in mind i'm only getting my info from ebay adds. i very well may be wrong. appreciate your reply. the ones i'm seeing are for a roller chain. gear drive may be too much to ask out of me mechanically & $ wise unfortunately... cool sig picture
you are correct in that it is a pretty extreme cam design. i actually made this decision because of my upcoming jump from 88" to 95". my indy recommended this because it wasn't too extreme and would make a very noticeable jump in power on an 88" and would absolutely bring the beast to life with the jump to 95". good luck with your choice. as others have said, the Woods cams are freakin awesome, too. i might have gone that route if $ had allowed but i am happy with my choice regardless.

grimm

Old 03-11-2010, 12:17 PM
o/d
Tourer

Originally Posted by grimm
you are correct in that it is a pretty extreme cam design. i actually made this decision because of my upcoming jump from 88" to 95". my indy recommended this because it wasn't too extreme and would make a very noticeable jump in power on an 88" and would absolutely bring the beast to life with the jump to 95". good luck with your choice. as others have said, the Woods cams are freakin awesome, too. i might have gone that route if $ had allowed but i am happy with my choice regardless.

grimm
good info. i was kicking around the idea of doing a big bore now, but decided to hold off. good weather is too close right now. these cams may be an option for me that will support a bore increase in the future. thanks again. did you do your own install? if so, did you check valve to piston clearance, etc.? sorry for so many questions.

Quick Reply: opinions on cam upgrade for '02 tc88