Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My winter project starting late - 200 on my 02 NT

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 07:13 PM
cgauss
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like I am going to have to get some flat stock to make a bracket now. The new brake line isnt long enough to fit in the stock location due to the forward controls.

Old 06-11-2010, 03:03 PM
vulcanater
Road Captain

Looks like you are doing a great job! Keep us posted!

Chop On,
Robert

Old 06-11-2010, 07:27 PM
cgauss
Cruiser

Mocked everything up this afternoon after work, just had the itch. Rolled it out of the garage for a few pictures.

I think it definitely looks better with the wide tire, especially with the wide tank.

Things to do yet:

Figure out how to fix the jacked up looking struts, not sure how I am going to fix those

Find some where to mount the ignition module. Thinking about trimming the inner fender like on the 02 fender. Just not sure yet.

Figure out how to run the wiring to the tail light. Looks like the later model used some sort of two sided tape?

Alignment

Fill and bleed the rear brake

Paint the bullet signals, thinking of getting them with the wrinkly black look too

Fill the primary

Put the exhaust back on

Mount the bar end mirror

Start the bike and hit the road

Once everything is said and done I will write up a parts and price list. All I can say is this forum and eBay are your friends!

Old 06-12-2010, 01:13 PM
vulcanater
Road Captain

Looks AWESOME!! You did a great job! Now you have me wanting to hurry up and get mine done.

Chop On,
Robert

Old 06-14-2010, 09:30 PM
cgauss
Cruiser

I tried using the Krylon Wrinkle finish paint. Mixed results. There are some spots that look great, others look like crap. One of the signals looks nice, the other looks like hell. I need to strip that one and give it a try again. I am going to leave whatever results I get next alone for a while. I want to ride it. If someone wants to judge on the crap paint on the struts then so be it.

Old 06-14-2010, 09:54 PM
County98
Tourer

Good job brotha!

Anyone who would judge has no idea what a job you've done. I'm not neccessarily scared to tear into my bike, but I think I would have been pretty leery about a job this big. Much respect from me man.

Old 06-14-2010, 10:12 PM
Big H
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Nice job actually adding the inner struts back onto the motorcycle. I have always thought that would be a smart thing for the added weight and leverage of a passenger.

Old 06-15-2010, 03:34 AM
kiwifulla
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

great job and well done for doing it , it is a big job and it looks heaps better with the 200 rear

Old 06-15-2010, 09:59 PM
cgauss
Cruiser

And of course tonight I decided to work on it, got clumsy and dropped the newly painted struts and signals. Now they are scratched. Oh well.

I did try and fire it up tonight. Hit the start button and all I could hear was the relay click. I must have missed a wire or something. Ugh.....

Old 06-16-2010, 04:49 AM
kiwifulla
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cgauss
And of course tonight I decided to work on it, got clumsy and dropped the newly painted struts and signals. Now they are scratched. Oh well.

I did try and fire it up tonight. Hit the start button and all I could hear was the relay click. I must have missed a wire or something. Ugh.....
or just a flat battery

Quick Reply: My winter project starting late - 200 on my 02 NT