Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mototek

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 01:10 AM
93springer
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mototek

If you buy from Mototek on eBAy, be very careful! Call them (2132800284) and be sure of what you are getting before you pay for it. I ordered some wheels from them last month. The wheels are beautiful and well made. The problem is that I TOLD THEM in my very first corrispndance with them that these wheels were for my 93' Springer, FXSTS. No one bothered noticing or telling me that DNA (the wholesaller for the parts, 3107674070) did not make a hub to fit a 93' Spriger for the 52 spoke, Mammoth wheel! Now that they have my money and and positive feedback on eBay, they will not return my calls!

Old 03-06-2010, 10:13 AM
QS78
Tourer

still u can get the axle kit from H-D

Old 04-11-2010, 11:11 AM
BigJerm7
6th Gear

I bought a 18"x5.5 60 spoke from Mototek off ebay for $300 shipped. Told them it was for an 07 Nighttrain. 2 weeks later the wheel arrived from DNA and I took it to my local indy to have it mounted. Long story short the hub was too wide and when you bolted the pulley up it hit the swingarm. Emailed mototek and told them it was the wrong hub and gave them the part #. They said it was the wrong wheel and they'd get back with me. They do not get in any big hurry and usually takes them a day or two to answer a question. Every day they were going to get back with me "first thing in the morning" for prepaid shipping to send them back the wheel. They wouldn't send me a new one until I sent the other one back, but they were very very slow on getting the ball rolling so I finally just told them to give me an address because I was tired of waiting and I would pay shipping. The wheel got there and it was another 2 weeks before I got the right wheel. It wasn't a direct bolt up, but my Indy made some new spacers and had to put a pulley spacer on too. All said and done it was over a month and a half before I got the right wheel. The price was unbeatable though, and if you feel like putting up with the headache it's worth it. It's a big gamble, some people get the right wheel out of the box, some people have to mess with the crap. I waited to leave feedback until the wheel was mounted up and I rode it down the street. The wheel looks awesome and the quality is great, however, the customer service is horrible.

Attached Thumbnails Mototek-nt1.jpg   Mototek-nt2.jpg