Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New here, looking for a little help from any fellow FLSTSC owners

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 10:21 AM
mjfrank
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New here, looking for a little help from any fellow FLSTSC owners

Hey guys, first time posting here. I've got an '05 Softail Springer Classic that I'm wanting to add the passenger footboards on. The problem I'm having is that everything currently offered by Harley either specifically excludes the FLSTSC, or doesn't list it at all. Now I know it's not a current model, but it's only five years old, I'm surprised that they don't make a kit for this anymore.

I took a chance on a model 50602-00 footboard kit for Softails, and while the brackets do fit, I'm missing the mounting boss on the left side for the crossover pipe, and the right side is about 1/2" further out than the left. I tried to get a replacement mount for the left side, which showed in the catalog that it had the mounting boss on it, but I just picked it up yesterday, and it's the same as I already have. Now I'm certainly not against a little fabrication, and I have done plenty of that before, but I was thinking this should just be a simple bolt on affair.

So, is there anyone out there with an FLSTSC, that has the footboards, and can tell me what the Harley part number is (or was) for the mounts or the whole kit? The dealer is trying to help, but they don't know what would fit either. If I had a part number, he might be able to track something down for me.

Thanks for any help you can provide!
--Mike

Old 03-04-2010, 10:32 AM
hspring03
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 49 Posts

There is one specific to the Springers with the tru duals...

The one you got was Heritage models with the exhaust on one side....

I have the number.....let me find it

Old 03-04-2010, 10:40 AM
hspring03
Elite HDF Member

This is the kit that you want....

It was designed for Heritage Springers 00-03 and Springer Classic models 05-06 or any softail model with crossover dual exhaust.

It is also obsolete... Your dealer might be able to do a search and find one

50955-00

Old 03-04-2010, 10:53 AM
mjfrank
6th Gear

Awesome, thanks, that will at least give me a place to start from. If they can't get the whole kit, maybe they can just find the left mount.

Thanks again.
--Mike

Old 03-04-2010, 11:04 AM
hspring03
Elite HDF Member

Each mount has a part number..The one you got for the Heritage kit is the correct right side one.

I'm trying to find the number of the left for someone else as well...Once I find it I'll post it.

Old 03-04-2010, 11:43 AM
mjfrank
6th Gear

That'd be great. The two mounts in the kit I have are part #50843-00 left side, and 50841-00 right side. I didn't get an instruction sheet with my kit, so I didn't know that I ordered the same left-side mount until I picked it up yesterday. Both brackets clear my pipes just fine, but that right side sticks a little further out. (a little less than 1/2") I wonder if the right side bracket is different in the older kit too? I was thinking if I could find the correct left side bracket, I could always modify the right a bit to slide the support in a little closer, since there is almost that amount of space left on the hex lug. The boards seem to sit straight, and according to my wife, seem to be in the right location.

I'm kicking myself now though, the dealer looked up the kit in an older catalog, and was able to locate the bracket at another dealer, but I decided to order this one. Duh, I should have taken his advice, although even he thought that since my bike was a 2005, I might be better off with the newer part. I'm still kind of disappointed that Harley discontinued that kit so soon, 3 years doesn't seem that long.

I'll probably head up there again tomorrow night, so if I get the right part number I'll post it here.

Thanks!
--Mike

Old 03-05-2010, 05:15 PM
hspring03
Elite HDF Member

I found my instructions for the footboard kit.

Left side mount 50482-00
Right side mount 50481-00

Old 03-05-2010, 09:49 PM
mjfrank
6th Gear

Ah, you beat me to it.

I just got back from the dealer tonight, and he was able to pull up the old kit's parts list so we could get the number. (which was the same number as you posted) The 50482-00 left mount is a discontinued part, but luckily he was able to get a list of dealers from the computer that still had the part in stock, and is having one shipped to him. There seemed to be quite a few dealers on the list he had, so if anyone else needs it, their dealer should be able to locate one.

The rest of the parts that were in the 50602-00 kit for the Heritage appear to all be the same as the 50955-00 kit, including the right mount, which is part number 50481-00. So, I should be good to go when I get the left mount next week.

Thanks again for posting all the part numbers, that got me pointed in the right direction.

--Mike