Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

seat question

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 08:48 AM
eisterd
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default seat question

found a 100th anniversary seat for my fat boy, but i was also looking at the sundowner. just have no idea how comfortable either are. sundowner looks comfy. seat with emblem looks good. i think comfort is my main objective though. as far as price goes, original is almost half of the sundowner. any opinions on comfort?

Old 02-28-2010, 09:26 AM
stratplexi
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,084 Likes on 562 Posts

Sundowner seats are very comfy...they are made for touring. A stock seat will not have near the same comfort.

Old 02-28-2010, 10:05 AM
fallenspringer
Cruiser

Mustang seats are incredibly comfortable, both for rider and passenger. When I bought my new bike my old lady wouldn't ride on the seat that it had, a 60 mile trip literally had her in tears. With the mustang she can ride for hours with out a single complaint. Price isn't terrible either.

Old 02-28-2010, 01:56 PM
08Phatboy
Advanced

I just installed a new Sundowner Deep Bucket seat on my Fat Boy a few weeks ago (signature picture was before I got the new seat).

While I liked the stock seat, after a couple of hours, my butt would be numb and my back was aching. I have back problems anyway, so the big draw for me to the Sundowner was the lower back support. Just personal perference, but I also like the trim on my stock seat, so I got the Sundowner model that has the same trim as my stock one.

The weather in and around Raleigh has just sucked this winter, plus I slipped a disk in my back a couple of weeks ago, so I haven't had a chance to put any miles on the new seat yet. However, just sitting on it after I installed it (and before my back went out), I could easily tell the difference with the new seat - way comfortable and I could feel the support up against my lower back.

Granted, the miles will tell the story, but I believe this was money well spent.

Hope that helps...
Jack

Old 02-28-2010, 08:53 PM
jrr
Cruiser
Default Sundowner

I had a Sundowner on my VRod and it was extremely
comfortable. Of course I had to stop for gas every 100 or so miles so continuous time on the seat was never too long

Old 02-28-2010, 11:08 PM
Tartarus
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The sundowner is extremely comfy I can go for 140 miles ~two and a half hours on it without a problem. and if your interested I am thinking about selling it.

Old 03-02-2010, 09:12 AM
eisterd
Road Captain

i hear ya bout the weather. i'm down the road in charlotte. got out a couple times for quikies. i think i am gonna go with the sundowner. mine feels like a 2x4

Old 03-02-2010, 11:36 AM
oldyeller
Advanced

Thinking of going with Sundowner too, so can I ask where you found best deal? I am wanting the deep bucket style.

Down the road little further in SC and snowing

Thanks

Old 03-02-2010, 12:10 PM
KCAztek
Intermediate

Strat, can you tell me where I can find that seat with the higher chrome bars on the back of the Softail in the picture you have there? My '09 Softail came with a short version of the but I would like the one that is in the picture. Thanks so much. KCAztek

Old 03-02-2010, 09:18 PM
eisterd
Road Captain

found the sundowner on ebay for 259 plus 20 shipping. I might see if a local dealer will match it. Ive checked 5 dealers around here and none of them have one in stock. it's 330 in their book. I'll let you know what i find out. odviously they're nice, aint seen a used one for sale

Quick Reply: seat question