Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

$625 for power commander III, to much?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2010 | 02:57 PM
RaaDeuce
Cruiser

Originally Posted by scasey
I am so confused, it even says in the link you sent me for the PCV that it is for 2009 and newer, my bike is an 06. Also don't forget it is not just the system for $625 there is a dyno tune included in tthat price
Bro the same seller for the link I posted has the PCIII and they have a custom map that comes with it for the same price, check out their ebay store, or you can get it from them for $289 and download the map from dynojet website it's free. If you do more work like cams etc, then maybe I'd go the dyno route. Just my .02 cs

Old 02-28-2010 | 03:18 PM
dragon_master
Stage I

I have a never used III for sale. Anyone interested?

Old 02-28-2010 | 03:40 PM
BoomerBob
Elite HDF Member

I looked at the PCV w/autotune and I was blown away by all the wires and hardware.

I point people in Fuel Moto's direction all the time but why put all that PC crap on your bike when you can just install the TTS Mastertune software, keep it clean and simple, and tune it yourself or take it to get dyno'd if you want?

Last summer the local Indy I do business with had around 7 PCIII's fail in one month.

To each their own though ...

Old 02-28-2010 | 04:54 PM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member

Call or e mail Jamie or keith at fuel moto they have the fuel moto tuner thatis a pclll made for them for 239.00 and free map support or the pclll for 259 or the PFV for under 300 you won't need a dyno if your bike is just pipes, ac , cams type mods they will be a able to dial you in

The install is easly 15 -30.minutes with anscrewdriver and Allen wrench

Old 02-28-2010 | 05:39 PM
Rockyriver
Road Master

Originally Posted by BoomerBob
I looked at the PCV w/autotune and I was blown away by all the wires and hardware.

I point people in Fuel Moto's direction all the time but why put all that PC crap on your bike when you can just install the TTS Mastertune software, keep it clean and simple, and tune it yourself or take it to get dyno'd if you want?

Last summer the local Indy I do business with had around 7 PCIII's fail in one month.

To each their own though ...

WOW, 7 in one month !!!
I know of a few PC-III's that failed, however the ones that I see fail were installer controlled failure. The firmware on the PC-III needs to be updated (I'm not talking about a map) with the latest edition on dynojets website, and make sure the plugs on the programmer and ECM are plugged in good and tight and that all the prongs in the plugs look straight and not bent or out of shape so as not to make good contact. I would love to look at the 7 that failed and see if I could figure out if it were defective units or installer error. I just started about 2 months ago really getting into the power commanders and Harley ECM's, and have learned that its all the same technology and principal as automotive ECM's that I went to school for as a car mechanic in the early ninties. If you want to blow a PC-III's mind, plug it in and unplug it with the ignition switch on a few times or let water get in the electrical plugs contact area.