Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

$625 for power commander III, to much?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2010 | 08:17 AM
scasey
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by RaaDeuce
First of all, $625 is beyond crazy, they're high on something, second you don't need O2 sensors with PCV, they get eliminated anyways, third pc like mention above is the old one the new one is out for less than half of that price (PCV) on ebay, and comes with a map file according to your bike, and the mods that have been done to it, below is the link. Good luck.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/POWER...ht_1792wt_1161
I am so confused, it even says in the link you sent me for the PCV that it is for 2009 and newer, my bike is an 06. Also don't forget it is not just the system for $625 there is a dyno tune included in tthat price

Old 02-28-2010 | 08:24 AM
scasey
|
Road Master

[quote=Rockyriver;6323884]Here is a breakdown. The PCV-III goes for around $275-$300 and getting the bike tuned on a Dyno or in other words a custom map specific to that bike is going for around $300.00. Labor to install PCV-III is unknown by me.I add up about $600.00 not to mention labor or tax. So yes it seems high, but its not.
However if I were you I would get a PCV-III off ebay and install a map from dynojets website. And if you feel uncomfortable doing it yourself, use Fuel-Moto here on the fourms, they get great reviews and seem to be very helpful on questions. They have gobs of maps pre-made for stock bikes with about any combo of pipe and breather you can throw at them.

Why are the guys above your posts talking PCV? that is for the newer bikes is it not? I don't know if I'm going to do it yet but I thought the price was OK. I may try to talk him down to $500 and if he will do it for that I will likely go ahead. That's if I get a chance to get back down to Daytona before the end of the week

Last edited by scasey; 02-28-2010 at 08:28 AM.
Old 02-28-2010 | 08:27 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by scasey
Can't remember the company that is set up at Daytona but they are there all the time during bike weeks and I am sure at other bike gatherings. Is $625 to much for a power commander 3 with a Dyno tune? Do you need a dyno tune with the fuel management system. I know nothing about these things so help!
Anything is worth what you're willing to pay for it...

Old 02-28-2010 | 08:51 AM
daBreeze
Tourer

i got my pcv retrofitted with a preloaded map from fuel moto for my 05 for around 300, my new hooker pipes were 125, and dyno tuned for 150. the preloaded map from fmoto was so close to the dyno tune that i could have saved that 150 so yea that 650 price seems insanely high.to me(imfuo). edit-talk to jamie at fm

Last edited by daBreeze; 02-28-2010 at 08:54 AM.
Old 02-28-2010 | 08:55 AM
gooberdog
Road Captain

[quote=scasey

Why are the guys above your posts talking PCV? that is for the newer bikes is it not?
[/quote]

Not necessarily. Fuelmoto has a PCV retrofit that works with 01-06 softails. Tell them the mods you have, exhaust, air cleaner, etc., and they will program your unit for you. All you have to do is hook it up. If you go with the PCV you have the option later of adding the autotune module to your PCV. You can add O2 ports to your existing exhaust or buy new exhaust with the O2 ports already installed. You will have to have the O2 sensors for the autotune to work.

Old 02-28-2010 | 10:04 AM
chop09
Tourer

I was thinking this year of getting a tuner.... It apperars to me that the power commander works in conjunction w stock ECM and you laod pre-made map.

With the Thunder Max do you build your map or teak a default one. Can you make changes to idle speed. Which do you prefer on a bike w/o o2 sensors?

SORRY FOR THE JACK!! BUT IT WILL HELP ANSWER ORIGINAL POST

Old 02-28-2010 | 10:05 AM
murlsquirl
Road Captain

Originally Posted by maddox13
you got a pc v for 125 on here *uck that is a good deal, u get it in the classified section? dam i am jealous
Yep. I was as surprised as you are. Guy bought touring bike a week after he bought the PC V for his Softail, happy days.

Old 02-28-2010 | 11:20 AM
WVNightrain Rider
Tourer

Originally Posted by scasey
Also it looks like fuel motto doen't have maps for pre 09 on the PCV?
I have an 06 and can tell you first hand Fuel Moto has all the maps I would ever need for my mods.
Call them and ask for Jamie, he will hook you up and answer any questions you have. Also if you don't like the map they give you call them and they will tweak it for free.
My PC=5 died after 3-4 rides and Fuel moto sent a new one no questions asked. Was up and running again in 3 days.

Old 02-28-2010 | 12:27 PM
Rockyriver
Road Master
Question

[quote=scasey;6324033]
Originally Posted by Rockyriver
Here is a breakdown. The PCV-III goes for around $275-$300 and getting the bike tuned on a Dyno or in other words a custom map specific to that bike is going for around $300.00. Labor to install PCV-III is unknown by me.I add up about $600.00 not to mention labor or tax. So yes it seems high, but its not.
However if I were you I would get a PCV-III off ebay and install a map from dynojets website. And if you feel uncomfortable doing it yourself, use Fuel-Moto here on the fourms, they get great reviews and seem to be very helpful on questions. They have gobs of maps pre-made for stock bikes with about any combo of pipe and breather you can throw at them.

Why are the guys above your posts talking PCV? that is for the newer bikes is it not? I don't know if I'm going to do it yet but I thought the price was OK. I may try to talk him down to $500 and if he will do it for that I will likely go ahead. That's if I get a chance to get back down to Daytona before the end of the week

A PC-V can be set to run without 02 sensors, It will be the same basicly as a PC-III. If you can get a PC-V for around the same price as a PC-III, go with the PC-V, this way if in the future you want to beef up your engine
and add 02 port pipes you already have a fuel management system capable and better to handle future engine mods.
Since the PC-V has been out, the price of PC-III's has been falling. I got mine for $200.00 on ebay new, you may have to watch and wait, but you will find a deal out there. If you have no plans of ever adding 02 ports to your bike and beefing up the engine, then there is no reason to pay extra for a PC-V, you can't tell a difference between the two PC's on a non 02 sensor bike, other than size.

Old 02-28-2010 | 02:46 PM
tenrams
Advanced

That seems a little rich even here in Canada

Quick Reply: $625 for power commander III, to much?