Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What would you have done?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2010 | 10:27 AM
scasey
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by ElSupremo
Did you bring up any idea of compensation right when they did it? That's really the only time you're gonna have the upper hand. Going back later and saying they did it is always a lot more difficult.

You might ask them again, and tell them you'd like to really get it rectified before you post pictures and your impression of their product and service on all the different forums you're on, since everyone knew you were getting them and have been asking for updates before they order.
They took $100 of the price which is something. The owner or manager (not sure which) was very nice about the situation but the punk who did it was an ******* about it. He tried to blame me for it by saying i should have taken off the bags. Well problem with that is I asked for a wrench to take them off and like i said in an earlier tread while i was doing something else the young lad just went ahead without me seeing him. That is what pissed me off just as much as the scratch was his attitude. Being a supervisor in my work I understand that the manager can't control everything and I could tell he wasn't happy about what happened.
It doesn't change the fact that is was carelessness that caused it and you would think especially with Harley owners the employee would understand that and be more careful in what he was doing. People make mistakes butwith this guy i bet he makes mistakes all the time you can just tell by his approach to his work.

Old 02-27-2010 | 12:08 PM
harleyheaven
Road Master

You can buy the individual shields from V&H. I can't remember if the BSS shields are two piece like the BR? If they are all you will need is the rear portion. I had to order a set of shields for V&H BR 2 into 2 and the rear (top) was $101.45 plus shipping, so you may come out OK. The number to V&H is (562) 921-7461. Good Luck!

Old 02-27-2010 | 12:42 PM
Faast Ed
Banned

They took $100 of the price which is something.
If it was a shield only, I'd be very satisfied with that.

Might have slapped the punk for being an *** about it, but I would have shook hands with the manager and called it good.

Old 02-27-2010 | 01:06 PM
chop09
Tourer

What would I have done?... Well if I was that particular about my bike(and I am) I would never of let a kid spin a wrench on it. That said.... you got $100 bucks off and its a heat shield.... your gonna ding, scratch, melt **** on them at some point.....stuff happens

Old 02-27-2010 | 05:48 PM
scasey
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by harleyheaven
You can buy the individual shields from V&H. I can't remember if the BSS shields are two piece like the BR? If they are all you will need is the rear portion. I had to order a set of shields for V&H BR 2 into 2 and the rear (top) was $101.45 plus shipping, so you may come out OK. The number to V&H is (562) 921-7461. Good Luck!
Thanks

Old 02-27-2010 | 05:50 PM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member

Yah, keep the old scratched one...it might get rechromed for less and somebody somewhen will want to buy it...you might make a couple bucks.
Saggybag syndrome I cured with two pieces of 1/4" plywood, cut to fit under the lids. Chamfer the corners off about an inch and two inches on the rear outside corners. Rout the edges with a 1/8" roundover bit and just put them on the bag and close the lid. These completely straightened out mine, and I have pics and a post in the $50. and under modification thread. Oh heck, just look here:
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/5970521-post1369.html
It ticked me off Royally to see guys making plastic inserts and charging over $200 bucks for it.
A country boy can survive.