Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DFW H-D dealers...

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 04:23 PM
Dite
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DFW H-D dealers...

Who are some of the better DFW ones to deal with on a new bike?

Old 02-26-2010, 04:24 PM
Dite
Cruiser

I am looking at a new Heritage Classic and have talked to 3 dealers and ALL of them are giving me different prices and deals, but no good deals that I can't walk away from at the time.

Old 02-26-2010, 04:27 PM
Dite
Cruiser

The dealers in the Ft. Worth area don't mention any incentives unless you mention them first. I was looking for a 2009 and everyone of them was quoting me MSRP and not a one of them mentioned the incentives that are on H=D's own web site.....kind of makes you mad enough to eat fried chicken!

Old 02-26-2010, 04:55 PM
Blk and Chrome
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Try just comming up with a deal that you are happy with and be realistic, then approch them with it and see if one bites. You may be suprised as one may go with it. I bought my Nightrain like that in '08

Old 02-26-2010, 05:00 PM
Fireman1501
Road Master

I did not buy my ride new but Longhorn HD has a great service and parts department. I would recommend them hands down. A lot of great guys to talk to. I did all of my labor work but they was more than happy to help me out when I needed a little experience. Plus those are going to be the departments you will deal with more than the sales... Just a thought.

Old 02-26-2010, 05:07 PM
rubiconMike
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stay away from the Allen dealership!

I bought my bike from the Carrollton dealership. They are a standup bunch of guys. They treated good during and after the sale.

Old 02-26-2010, 05:18 PM
WARG
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Stay away from Bedford and West Fort Worth. I bought mine from Bedford and will never spend another dollar there.

I like Longhorn in Grand Prairie and American Eagle is Corinth is okay.

Old 02-26-2010, 05:54 PM
Dite
Cruiser

I had the same thoughts about the west FW and Bedford stores. They both told me one thing on the phone about pricing and deals, but when I got to the store they said they were incorrect about what they had told me on the phone.

I then went to Longhorn H-D and had to ask the parts guy if they had any sales guys (this about 3:30 in the afternoon one day this week). The parts guy was very helpful and found me a salesman, who was the perkiest guy I had ever seen, he kept telling me what a great place it was to work at...I told him I wasn't looking for a job. Then they bait and switch the bikes and deals and I just gave up and left.

Old 02-26-2010, 06:28 PM
WARG
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Dite
I had the same thoughts about the west FW and Bedford stores. They both told me one thing on the phone about pricing and deals, but when I got to the store they said they were incorrect about what they had told me on the phone.

I then went to Longhorn H-D and had to ask the parts guy if they had any sales guys (this about 3:30 in the afternoon one day this week). The parts guy was very helpful and found me a salesman, who was the perkiest guy I had ever seen, he kept telling me what a great place it was to work at...I told him I wasn't looking for a job. Then they bait and switch the bikes and deals and I just gave up and left.
There is a great market full of used bikes out there. That may alleviate some of the headache of purchasing from a dealer.

Old 02-27-2010, 08:08 AM
tk353
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i bought 2 bikes from cowboy harley in austin texas as they were over 1000 less than any other dealer. they will also deliver to make the sale.

Quick Reply: DFW H-D dealers...