Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3" tank lift

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2010 | 05:56 PM
Jaxx
Tourer

Originally Posted by UK RockerC
It was good to see your photos, I installed a 2inch tank lift on my Rocker C this weekend. The lift kit a brought was a 2 or 3 inch kit so I was thinking about removing the 3 inch hole.....but after seeing your tank lift I'm thinking a 3 inch lift is what I need. I found it hard to raise the tank, yes i cut the crossover fuel pipe but it still proved difficult. I could not see it reaching the 3 inch fixing anyway. Am I correct in saying that even on your 3 inch lift the only adjustment you made was to the fuel crossover line? Any tips?
I am sure you thought of this but in case you didn't, wait until after a long ride and run your bike till your tank is almost out of fuel (or siphon it). If you tank is even half full it will be twice as hard to work with, or so I've found personally...

Old 02-28-2010 | 06:01 PM
Jaxx
Tourer

RaaDeuce, you bike looks good man. I am really starting to like the 3" lift. I have a 2 inch here, with the option for 3 if I remember right, but I don't think it is an option for me with my Carlini Clean Sweeps, even with the 9" rise. Might try it and see though now, thanks for posting that some of us may not need to do any alterations, I wasn't going to even bother before.

Keep up the mods coming bro...

Old 02-28-2010 | 06:16 PM
m i k e
Ultimate HDF Member

looks great nice job

Old 02-28-2010 | 06:22 PM
Joe What
Outstanding HDF Member

nice looks real good, I wish I could put at least one inch.

Old 02-28-2010 | 07:20 PM
1sssickdeuce
Cruiser

Looks good, flows real good with the bike....... I was thinking of installing a 2" lift on my bike.

Old 02-28-2010 | 10:28 PM
RaaDeuce
|
Cruiser

Thank you guys, very much, just a couple of more things to do, and I should be mostly done before summer, or at least I think so.lol

Old 03-01-2010 | 04:33 AM
UK RockerC
Advanced

Originally Posted by RaaDeuce
You are right, The only thing I changed was the fuel hose, then loosened the rear tank bold almost all the way up, then removed the gauge console and unplugged all the wires, the yellow connector that's mounted in the tank might get a little tough, but it'll reach, just lift up the tank put in the bolt, then connect all the wires for the gauge console, and you're good to go, let me know if you need anymore help.
Removing the gauge console and unplugging the wires is a great tip. Last time I just loosened the rear tank bolt all the way up. I really need to give it another shot and go for a 3inch I think. I have a full tank now so will need to run it down before I attempt it again.

PS You bike looks first class, you have all the right lines now...congrat!

Old 03-01-2010 | 04:35 AM
UK RockerC
Advanced

Originally Posted by Jaxx
I am sure you thought of this but in case you didn't, wait until after a long ride and run your bike till your tank is almost out of fuel (or siphon it). If you tank is even half full it will be twice as hard to work with, or so I've found personally...
Yes, good tip.......nearly made that mistake...thanks

Old 03-01-2010 | 06:51 AM
RaaDeuce
|
Cruiser

UK I hate your avatar, makes me want to, you know what I'm gonna say, lol Thanks a lot man, just a few things here and there, and she'll be done till paint next winter.

Old 03-02-2010 | 10:21 AM
ROCKER"D"
Tourer

looks great man...

Quick Reply: 3" tank lift