Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RSD bars and risers fitament? Opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 07:11 PM
skipper469
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RSD bars and risers fitament? Opinions?

Hey guys. I've had some questions about the RSD Vintage bars and risers, and the question of fitament. From the photo's I took of the problem I had at install, it looks/seems that no risers at all would fit the RSD Bars on my bikes risers. I've included pictures of "Cheesecake"s biek with the same the RSD bars and RSD risers, and it's obviously doable with the RSD bar and riser combo, but in the picture of my bike with the bars up against the stock risers, it looks as though there's no way any risers on my bike would fit the bars. I don't know if I've just looked at the photo on e too many times or what? But I can know wrap my head around it???

Attached Thumbnails RSD bars and risers fitament? Opinions?-handle-bar-3.jpg   RSD bars and risers fitament? Opinions?-handle-bar-2.jpg   RSD bars and risers fitament? Opinions?-handle-bar-1.jpg   RSD bars and risers fitament? Opinions?-rsd-bars-with-rsd-risers.jpg   RSD bars and risers fitament? Opinions?-rsd-bars-cheesecake-s-bike-.jpg  

Last edited by skipper469; 02-25-2010 at 07:15 PM.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:25 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Tracy, it looks to me like you got the regular bars, not the springer specific bars as they are a bit wider on the bottom. Another call to them in the morning from me. If you could possible provide me with the measurement across the bottom of the bars that will help us solve this dilemma. That seems to be the only thing that makes any sense from this point of view. Call me if you like. Drew

Old 02-25-2010, 07:27 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

Is the knurling 4 3/4" apart? that is what it is supposed to be for springer bars whereas regular bars have the knurling 3.5" apart. Let me know and I'll help you get this straightened out regardless of whose fault it is. That's how I take care of my customers. Drew

Old 02-25-2010, 08:18 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

So it seems that PM must have packaged regular bars in a Springer package as I just spoke to skipper. When the bars get back here I will taking a trip down to their facility with the evidence in hand. I guess this kind of thing happens occasionally but it really sucks when you a have to wait because of their mistake. At least this way I have an excuse to go down there.