Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear foot pedal help

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010 | 09:08 PM
lastson
|
Tourer
Default Rear foot pedal help

With the carb and the heavy breather and me being 6'3 290 (former offensive lineman) i have thick *** thighs and i'm guessing the dude who had the Purple Monster before me had smaller legs so the actually "pedal" part of the brake is only about 3-4 inches across and i have to really turn my foot in akwardly to trigger the brake and I'm really nervous about a quick stop situation where my foot slips off. Now there is a bolt/nut holding the padding down. Does Harley or anyone for that matter make something I can bolt on to give me even another 2-3 inches without having to replace the whole brake lever itself?

Thanks guys.

Old 02-21-2010 | 09:39 PM
Outlaw44
Intermediate

Does it have a Harley "large" pedal on it now?

http://www.harley-davidson.com/brows...bmLocale=en_US
(scroll down)

I'm not sure how wide the "large" is compared to the regular. I'm sure there are other companies that make them. I have big thighs as well and sit comfortably with my legs kicked out a little, so I'm intrigued by your question and may look into a wider pedal too. I'll search a little more and see what I can come up with...

Old 02-21-2010 | 09:45 PM
snip0721
Road Master

i assume by your sig pic, that you have a fx style bike. you can switch over to the larger fl style pad. about twice the size. steve

Old 02-21-2010 | 09:47 PM
lastson
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by Outlaw44
Does it have a Harley "large" pedal on it now?

http://www.harley-davidson.com/brows...bmLocale=en_US
(scroll down)

I'm not sure how wide the "large" is compared to the regular. I'm sure there are other companies that make them. I have big thighs as well and sit comfortably with my legs kicked out a little, so I'm intrigued by your question and may look into a wider pedal too. I'll search a little more and see what I can come up with...
I would compare mine to the one beside the large it is probably 2-3 inches wide if that maybe 4. I definitely need something just a few more out. I might just on my rounds tomorrow if i get near a HD store stop in and see what they say. Basically if I sit with my feet comfortable i have to turn my foot back in "pidgen toed" to hit the pedal fully. If i kept my boot where I like to when I ride there is no brake pedal basically i just scrape it. Kurykyan (however the hell you spell it, could you pick a harder friggin name) makes a large extender for the RKs and EGs that wont work. I just sent them an email to asking about what would get me extended out the best.

Old 02-21-2010 | 09:49 PM
lastson
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by snip0721
i assume by your sig pic, that you have a fx style bike. you can switch over to the larger fl style pad. about twice the size. steve
its an FXSTD. you sure about that steve. should i check with the dealership just to make sure. will be buying online because all the ones in my immediate area are crooks lol.

Old 02-21-2010 | 09:53 PM
lastson
|
Tourer

Im thinking that will work if what steve said is true and will make my life alot easier lol

Old 02-21-2010 | 10:03 PM
snip0721
Road Master

a buddy did the same on his fxdwg. if i remember correct a slight mod, but dont remember what it was. steve

Old 02-21-2010 | 10:06 PM
lastson
|
Tourer

Also found the Kurykiasldkfjlsadkjfalskjdn ISO series the 8029 is just a bit larger but not by much and the 8044 is a exact fit like the 8029 so i think the 8044 will do the trick. maybe! argghhh

Old 02-21-2010 | 10:18 PM
Outlaw44
Intermediate

Originally Posted by lastson
Also found the Kurykiasldkfjlsadkjfalskjdn ISO series the 8029 is just a bit larger but not by much and the 8044 is a exact fit like the 8029 so i think the 8044 will do the trick. maybe! argghhh
LOL. I think you got the spelling right that time! Looks like the 8044 should fit and be longer than the 8029. Did you find the specs or length of this pad anywhere? It may not hurt to stop by an HD store, but you're right about robbin you.

Old 02-22-2010 | 09:25 AM
lastson
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by Outlaw44
LOL. I think you got the spelling right that time! Looks like the 8044 should fit and be longer than the 8029. Did you find the specs or length of this pad anywhere? It may not hurt to stop by an HD store, but you're right about robbin you.
Outlaw i'm going by the lesser of 4 evils in my area this afternoon since they are a Kur(alphabet)N dealer and check out the pedals and make sure they fit. But will most likely go the ebay route as we got nothing but rain coming my way for the next week or so. I'll let ya know brother. Bad *** Train by the way!

Quick Reply: Rear foot pedal help