Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear foot pedal help

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010 | 09:06 PM
lastson
|
Tourer

Ended up going with the top on of course the other is the "small" and it is a HUGE difference. Haven't mounted it yet but it fits my peg theme better then the Klingonakuran part would have. Payed about 10 more then I would have online but I got it now and as soon as this rain clears the hell out I can test it out.

Old 02-22-2010 | 09:23 PM
snip0721
Road Master

look like it's gonna fit ok? steve

Old 02-22-2010 | 09:54 PM
lastson
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by snip0721
look like it's gonna fit ok? steve
My fiance has class tomorrow so I might go down and try it on if fitment is an issue I know a machinist who can make me an adapter plate if its off by to much OR sell this one to my buddys dad for his trike and get the K(alphabet) one.

Old 02-23-2010 | 09:29 AM
Outlaw44
Intermediate

Originally Posted by lastson
Outlaw i'm going by the lesser of 4 evils in my area this afternoon since they are a Kur(alphabet)N dealer and check out the pedals and make sure they fit. But will most likely go the ebay route as we got nothing but rain coming my way for the next week or so. I'll let ya know brother. Bad *** Train by the way!
Thanks brother!! I got one hell of a deal and picked up the Train last October, so I haven't been able to ride much. I'm sure I'll be adding/altering stuff as the riding season picks back up again. It's been sub-40 degrees here in Missouri since the first week in December!

So who is the manufacturer of the pedal you ended up going with? I think it looks killer and most importantly, it sounds like you think it will work for you. I need to do some searching and try to find a black one!

Oh yeah, some pics after the install would also be great to see!

Old 02-23-2010 | 09:39 AM
jimsflh
Outstanding HDF Member

My fiance has class tomorrow so I might go down and try it on if fitment is an issue I know a machinist who can make me an adapter plate if its off by to much OR sell this one to my buddys dad for his trike and get the K(alphabet) one.
Maybe your machinist buddy could make one anyway, and kick it out another inch, then you'd have plenty of pedal available!

Old 02-23-2010 | 05:40 PM
lastson
|
Tourer

Yeah so it doesnt fit at all. Not even close. Anyone want a Billet STY Brake Wide Band LG Pad for a 35.00 shipped. I'm so pissed.

Old 02-23-2010 | 09:50 PM
Outlaw44
Intermediate

Yeah so it doesnt fit at all. Not even close. Anyone want a Billet STY Brake Wide Band LG Pad for a 35.00 shipped. I'm so pissed.
Aww, dude! That blows donkey *****. Will your local shop take refund? It's not a Harley part is it? If all else fails, craigslist and HD Forums classifieds it is...

I will keep my ears open for buddies that might be interested. If you can post the brand/part #, blah, blah, that will help with fitment.

Old 02-24-2010 | 08:54 AM
wiseguy2day
Road Master

If you're planning on going with custom forward controls you could get them with long shift pegs instead of the pad. Keep us updated....

Old 02-24-2010 | 12:40 PM
lastson
|
Tourer

It already has the FXST forward controls wiseguy. I though a FL would fit but the pedal is to small to accept the larger size FL pedal pad. All good though.

Old 02-24-2010 | 12:42 PM
lastson
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by Outlaw44
Aww, dude! That blows donkey *****. Will your local shop take refund? It's not a Harley part is it? If all else fails, craigslist and HD Forums classifieds it is...

I will keep my ears open for buddies that might be interested. If you can post the brand/part #, blah, blah, that will help with fitment.
Yeah no go on that bottom or receipt no returns lmao what a crock. anyways i dont have 30 days in yet so i cant post in classifieds but its up on evilbay now. hopefully it will sell quick and i can recoup at least 20 bucks. talked to Kurlkdsjafldjflfjasdkkin and they said the 8029 ISO is a stock replacement for the forward brake on the FXST series and that the longhorn part number 8044 is an exact fit as the 8029 smaller pad cover. so just ordered that one from a place in MD which should be here by the weekend. I'm fighting strep and **** now so not like i could ride. Be cool brother and thanks for keeping an ear out.